WOW- USPS priority mail is MESSED UP !!!!!!

I have had two packages stall out in St. Louis, for days, then one for weeks, then told they were lost. I have a third package that took four days to make it St. Louis... a two hour drive from here. It has been there for four days. "Lost" another one I suppose. This one would be hard to lose... 50"x 10"x18". $74.00 to ship!
What is up with this crap?

Expecting a scope to mount on friends' handgun. It was mailed by priority mail Dec. 22nd, from NY, and today according to my local post office, they say its in NJ. Unbelievable.
I've grown to hate the USPS in the past few years due to my local post office, and it's crooks stealing or damaging my packages. Since the USPS has committed actual treason in this election with the transport, destruction, storage, of millions of fraudulent ballots transported illegally over state lines..........
They are on my list of "Avoid transactions at all costs.".

Ordered 500 Berger 215's from Blue Collar Reloading In North Carolina last Sunday they were at my PO box in Montana Wed. so 3 days.

I have several friends that have the same issue. Package was delivered within 100 miles of its destination and then all of a sudden, it's back to NJ. Strange. I placed an order through a small company on Nov. 16th. Two packages were lost and they sent me a third, on them with two day priority. I ended up getting all three packages around Christmas. We've had great luck with UPS arriving on-time and FedEx doesn't have a local store so we get drivers from 60 miles away. They do a pretty good job with not knowing our area. USPS seems to be extremely bogged down. I bought a ballistic range finder and it was shipped priority. Trust the seller but I doubt I get it until February at this rate. Good luck getting tracking info and having it updated.

All of the shipping companies have been buried for the last 10-11 months. Add holiday shopping, lack of qualified/competent drivers, and saturated networks and this is what you get.

If a local sorting facility is designed to process 25,000 packages a day, but the inbound volume is 30,000 every day, there are going to be problems. If there are only enough trailers and linehaul power to move 300,000 packages from a regional hub, but the sorted volume is over 400,000, there are going to be problems. If you need a workforce of 100 on road resources to cover 12,000 stops in a geographic area, and you have 15,000 stops and only 105 on road resources, you're going to have problems. If you need 100 vehicles with at least 300 cubic feet of usable capacity, but you can only source 90 vehicles (because every other delivery company is looking for the same vehicles), you're going to have problems. When there aren't enough qualified applicants to fill the open positions and you're forced to settle on lower-quality resources, you're going to have problems.

Now combine all of those complications into one scenario, for 11 consecutive months on top of the already significant predicted e-commerce growth. Add that up and you have 2020 through the eyes of the transportation industry. All this year has done, is bring out the weaknesses that were already present in the delivery/transportation industry. The USPS underperformed when things were good, why would anyone expect them to be successful under more difficult circumstances?

The solution? plan ahead, buy local, and be patient.

I ordered several items that were shipped through the USPS. What a **** show they are. I send a flat rate box full of brass to a location that was about 400 miles from me. It took over 3 weeks to get there and half of the brass was missing. I filled out a claim last week and still haven't heard a word from them.
To top it off, I ordered some projectiles from a place over 1,500 miles away and it showed up in two days...... Figure that out. I feel for some of the guys on here who ordered stuff almost a month ago and its still "in transit."
I'll be shipping UPS, DHL, or FedEx from now on.

Gotta go fed ex. I ordered parts yesterday from Texas and got them today in CO.
I've been using them more and more and haven't been let down.
I think all usps needs is much more funding and better pensions and they will get back on track.

I recently had a package not delivered and when I tracked it, USPS stated tried to deliver but customer requested pickup at PO? What the heck is this? I went to PO and they told me same thing. Well I was home so wth? Seems the delivery software has 2 different selections; 1 delivered or 2 this crap statement. I requested to speak to postmaster and she confirmed the software has the 2 options. They use the pick up statement if the driver is past 8PM which is their stop time. Seriously, is this the most ridiculous statement from USPS? I am gathering facts, documentation and have started discussion with my congressional rep. This is absolutely BS. Has anyone else hear of this?

My brother sent Christmas gifts on December 14 with 2 day priority delivery. They arrived December 30 the. Government math at it's finest....2=16.... are they using some other calendar.

Same here. Waiting on a stock I had dipped. Was shipped back on the 22nd from only 2.5 hrs way. Meanwhile I received a new set of does from midway through FEDEX already they wasn't supposed to get here until Tuesday. I know he shipped it insured but what a hassle.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.