WOW Midway!!

Tikkamike

A couple of weeks ago I ordered a modified case and 300 grain sierra matchkings for my 338 Lapua. The order finally showed up in a soft padded envelope and was beat to crap! I was discusted to say the least. Then I open it up the case was fine but the bullet box had been beat up pretty bad and a few of the bullets inside had smashed up tips. I was very discusted! I called midway and asked what we could do about it hoping for them to just cover the shipping and then send me a new box. well that is NOT what they are doing. They are sending me a new box of bullets priority mail and the other box of bullets is a freebie! Thanks midway. They always please me. Just thought I would let you guys know

Just had the same experience. Ordered some 300 gr SMK from midway and showed up in the envelope with box busted open, bullets everywhere.

I've never had a problem with shipments from Midway albeit they weren't bullets but, I'll keep it in mind if I ever do order bullets from them. Thanks for sharing.

That's good that they stood behind it. I once had a similiar issue with shotgun shells just before the duck opener. I ordered four or five boxes of shells from Cabelas and two boxes were slightly damaged. They sent replacements right away, no questions asked.

They are one of the good guys. When I have had problems, they have exceeded what I would have accepted as solutions. rc

Same here. I have been doing business with Larry for a long time and have always been satisfied. Hey, at least he says "preciate the business". JohnnyK.

Should of mentioned this earlier but, I just remembered. When I order I wait until I have over $25 to order otherwise they charge a $3 special handling fee.

I have bought from Midway for years. Pretty happy with them as they are a well run company. I use to live an hour away and have been there in person. I been meaning to call though, they seem to have a hole in the returns system. I once received a set of scope bases that had been used and returned, obviously, and the package looked like it hung in an old shop for years. Then just this week I emailed a link from Midway to a friend as to what dies to order for their 7mm rem. The dies arrived and had been used. I had to clean up a few damaged threads to get them in the press. Plus they were Redding bushing dies with comp seater and the micro seater had the spring installed. I have bought several sets and they always come with the spring not in the die.

All that being said. I have not complained and I am sure they would make it right. But it seems when someone returns something it is resold with out inspection. I expect the stuff I buy to be new and don't really want the hassel of waiting again or returning it.

Jeff

More than likely as you said it's a hole in their process, either that or they figure some unsuspecting souls won't know the difference but, I kinda doubt that. Send them an email and let us know what they have to say.

Midway and Natchess Shooter's supply are my two favorite places. Great service and quick shipping. I don't remember having a bad order with either of them.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.