Wow…just wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I have to give all the online retailers a break for the prices and even the purchase limits. I have not seen a pound of powder in Cabelas, Bass Pro, or Academy for going on 3 years now. I've heard about it, just never been there when it became available. I know everyone hates price gouging but so many are willing to gouge themselves. I'm watching 8lb kegs of RL26 start bidding at a penny and running up to over $1700 on GunBroker. At those profit margins it's no wonder our LGS has trouble getting it. Last 8 months or so, I see My LGS is getting a lot more and some is still sitting on the shelves for a change. Yes his price is up a few bucks over what he sold it for 3 years ago but no shipping and hazmat fees get tacked on.
For that price I fell like I should start selling mine on GB. Dang. That's some momey

This was at a gun store over the mountain from were I live. I paid $44 for a pound of it, I'll use it up fire forming.
AFC90577-FD3F-47B0-BA28-E7A1A2DDE3BD.jpeg

Inside Out Reaction GIF by Disney Pixar

Angry Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO

Haven't seen an 8 pounder on a shelf in forever.
I wasn't gonna say anything because I don't wanna sound like I'm gloating…….
But I have to say it, to let y'all know about the good ol' LGS's spread all over the the US.

I called the LGS sales guy called me back and he agreed to put an 8 lb. jug of that aside plus 1K ea. of primers, one what's BR-2's, and H1000 and Varget. I got till Tuesday afternoon to pick it all up.

I wasn't gonna say anything because I don't wanna sound like I'm gloating…….
But I have to say it, to let y'all know about the good ol' LGS's spread all over the the US.

I called the LGS sales guy called me back and he agreed to put an 8 lb. jug of that aside plus 1K ea. of primers, one what's BR-2's, and H1000 and Varget. I got till Tuesday afternoon to pick it all up.
Nice buy, if you like those off brands ;)

There are far more excellent local gun stores than there are those that are abusing their clients. Relationships are everything. Foster them, support the great, honest hardworking people like us. We are the majority by far, don't let the few azzholes ruin our perspective on the world.

There are far more excellent local gun stores than there are those that are abusing their clients. Relationships are everything. Foster them, support the great, honest hardworking people like us. We are the majority by far, don't let the few azzholes ruin our perspective on the world.
The only problem with the Mom and Pop stores is that they lack the buying power of the big guys and are then reliant on the wholesalers they have to buy from.

Unfortunately the big guys get their orders filled first and can often sell at prices below that the wholesalers are charging to the small retail shops.

Just remember though, if you don't take care of your local businesses they won't be there for long so it's worth a few extra bucks to do business with them at least for me.

Unfortunately it's at least a fifty mile drive one way and as much as 120 one way to any of them for me.

The issue with LGS buying power has been around forever. There is no way to solve it unless they form their own buying group. Look at the abuse Amazon, Google and Facebook hand out to customers, and competitors. Near monopoly control is not good for you and I. I never shop at Walmart or Amazon, I am not on Facebook and I don't use Google. By myself my actions make no difference. If enough other people wake up and start doing the same, we might have a chance.

That means I couldn't shoot or load.
I may be one of those guys. I used to split everything with my brother and we would load at his house. He recently moved to Texas and I built a new house with a reloading station. Hence now I look like a scalper when I go in. But I'm buying all the same stuff we had before but Texas is a long way. I sure picked the wrong time to start my setup. Oh well I use every powder I buy and it's a hobby I enjoy.
The term Scalper only applies to those taking advantage of the current situation and buying with the intent of reselling at a profit.

Sorry I was referring to the statement people should not buy at those prices. I could stop but I work to play. Don't like the current situation but live with it

Status
Not open for further replies.