Wow…just wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
😂Hey, if she can do for the supply chain snarl what she's done for the Southern Border Camela will have us neck deep in products we don't need or want in 2 weeks with all time highs in imports.
I can see it now. All the aisles in the grocery store filled with Chinese Spam and Ramen noodles. Nothing else. YUM!!!

Honestly I have to give all the online retailers a break for the prices and even the purchase limits. I have not seen a pound of powder in Cabelas, Bass Pro, or Academy for going on 3 years now. I've heard about it, just never been there when it became available. I know everyone hates price gouging but so many are willing to gouge themselves. I'm watching 8lb kegs of RL26 start bidding at a penny and running up to over $1700 on GunBroker. At those profit margins it's no wonder our LGS has trouble getting it. Last 8 months or so, I see My LGS is getting a lot more and some is still sitting on the shelves for a change. Yes his price is up a few bucks over what he sold it for 3 years ago but no shipping and hazmat fees get tacked on.

let me know when you are paying $10/gallon at the pump for regular...then we talk
Fortunately the economy can't take much over 5.00/gal gas. That's where the cost becomes prohibitive and whatever recovery is under way goes backwards. At least that's what we've seen in the past.

With inflation that new ceiling might be as high as 6.00 but I doubt it.

Fortunately the economy can't take much over 5.00/gal gas. That's where the cost becomes prohibitive and whatever recovery is under way goes backwards. At least that's what we've seen in the past.

With inflation that new ceiling might be as high as 6.00 but I doubt it.
Looks like the highest price in the US is in the Bay area at $5.09/ gal. Supply chains will most likely suffer in varying areas of the country for another month or so. One gasoline refinery goes down and hello. Sorry it's my military training. Hope for the best, make a plan for the worst.

Looks like the highest price in the US is in the Bay area at $5.09/ gal. Supply chains will most likely suffer in varying areas of the country for another month or so. One gasoline refinery goes down and hello. Sorry it's my military training. Hope for the best, make a plan for the worst.
Same here, I've just paid a whole lot of attention to economics the last 20 years.

In the past, 5.00/gal was the break point, not just for commercial haulers but that's where it begins really eating up people's disposable income.

With more people working remotely today and inflation it might be as high as 6.00 but as fast as real wages are going backwards I would not bet on it.

let me know when you are paying $10/gallon at the pump for regular...then we talk
I pay for lots of fuel, if I raise my rates again again I'll be up there with the dentist and my MD for labor rates.
I don't take insurance…….although I do get paid by them sometimes.

When diesel was $5/gal back in 2008 we were living large in the oil patch. 🤣 When it was .99 cents in 2009.... not so much. Rig count dropped by 50+% in a year.
Tell me about it...1986 was the worst...then 1999 I was working for UPR....up in your neck of the woods...

When diesel was $5/gal back in 2008 we were living large in the oil patch. 🤣 When it was .99 cents in 2009.... not so much. Rig count dropped by 50+% in a year.
3.00 +/- seems to be the balance point. State's like ours in many ways do great with 100.00+ oil but only in the oil patch. Commercial and individual consumers though really struggle because there's only so much room in the budget for fuel.

The heart and soul of modern industrial economies is affordable energy. Unfortunately many of our politicians and worse, political activists just don't get it.

there where two men one sold chickens the other sold ducks they both sold there birds for 2 dollars each to all there freinds soon it got harder to get either bird so the man who sold the ducks started to raise his prices till the ducks sold for where 50.00 dollars each yet the man who sold chickens kept his price at 2.00 dollars as time passed the one man couldnt find no more ducks and closed his shop but the man who sold the chickens never ran out of chickens because his patrons would call him every time one of them found chickens because he never changed his price it didnt matter if you where rich or poor in time freinds are more important than great wealth he still sells chickens for 2.00 dollars and has a great wealth of freinds and never had to worry about money it just followed .the moral to this story is the more fair you are with the people you sell to the better life and blessings you will have at the end.

there where two men one sold chickens the other sold ducks they both sold there birds for 2 dollars each to all there freinds soon it got harder to get either bird so the man who sold the ducks started to raise his prices till the ducks sold for where 50.00 dollars each yet the man who sold chickens kept his price at 2.00 dollars as time passed the one man couldnt find no more ducks and closed his shop but the man who sold the chickens never ran out of chickens because his patrons would call him every time one of them found chickens because he never changed his price it didnt matter if you where rich or poor in time freinds are more important than great wealth he still sells chickens for 2.00 dollars and has a great wealth of freinds and never had to worry about money it just followed .the moral to this story is the more fair you are with the people you sell to the better life and blessings you will have at the end.
couldn't find or couldn't sell ducks at 50.00 per?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts