Wow…just wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't hardly make anything over here anymore. Most everything is imported. We import containers of goods at work. Two years ago you could get a 40' container shipped from Asia for about $4500. The ones we are receiving now are $22,000 along with shipping times that have doubled, or in some cases tripled. So, the shipping companies are charging 5X as much for a degraded service. You can blame whoever you want, but this will be added into everything you buy at the wholesale level, and will be at least doubled again by the time it reaches retail. On top of that, you still have to get it from the port to the retail location, changing hands at least a couple of times along the way with additional freight and markup.

Just had "the experience" at Brownells. They have 4350 and Retumbo in stock, 1 lb containers, limit 2. $48.99 apiece plus tax, ship, hazmat and I'm over $60 a pound for 4 lb of powder. Pass.

Well inflation sticks then these are our prices. SCI had a good article on mono bullets. If copper goes up then the price will get passed on to the consumer. The left figured out if they cannot ban something they can change "behavior" by raising the cost. Used to be they'd do it by imposing a tax. Or making it legal by having a special permit. Inflation/ supply chain may become the new behavior modifier.

Go build a house right now
A friggin 8' 2x4 is almost $12.00 in Wyoming
Osb sheathing is $42 and rising

And kids want $20.00 an hour fresh out of high school and have zero skills
You're right on about that. Prices on building materials are crazy right now. We're getting 40,000 more for the same size house than what we were getting a year and a half ago and making less profit now. Hopefully things straighten out with enough time.

You're right on about that. Prices on building materials are crazy right now. We're getting 40,000 more for the same size house than what we were getting a year and a half ago and making less profit now. Hopefully things straighten out with enough time.

We bought, foolishly, treated lumber at it's price peak last summer, for a deck and Pergola around 1/2 of our pool....could have done a African Plains Game hunt for less money! 🤬 And.....it's not complete yet! 🤬🤬 memtb

We bought, foolishly, treated lumber at it's price peak last summer, for a deck and Pergola around 1/2 of our pool....could have done a African Plains Game hunt for less money! 🤬 And.....it's not complete yet! 🤬🤬 memtb
Yes but you'll get many years of enjoyment out of that deck. I hope it gets finished soon.

Whatever else ya need
Get it now
I have to rebid several jobs because of recent price hikes, just a warning ⚠️
It's not gonna get any cheaper soon

Whatever else ya need
Get it now
I have to rebid several jobs because of recent price hikes, just a warning ⚠️
It's not gonna get any cheaper soon

I'm afraid you're correct! Oh, and on the African hunt.....I didn't include airfare. So....I guess that I didn't spend "that much"! 😉 memtb

I don't know if I have enough years left to justify it! 🤪 memtb
I'm surprised I made it this long lol. The reality is these days you could fly there. Who knows when you can fly back. Back porch and shooting some rats or prairie dogs sounds pretty good about now lol.

I went the other way-
Refuse to be low bid.
My electrician and plumber raised their hourly rates, insurance went up, fuel is fallowing, tires, etc.
Raised everything across the board
318D274B-9A5F-4C05-B2AC-F155C2DFACC8.jpeg

Raised everything across the board
In business, the object is to make money.
If you're in business and not making money, it's then called a hobby. And you'll soon run out of money to fund your hobby.

The cost of doing business has went up dramatically. Therefore, profit percentage MUST follow. I don't like it, but I understand it.
If my tax and insurance bill got dumped in the lap of the average person, they'd probably go suck off a glock

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.