Wow…just wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else notice that the $ sign was missing on the tag. They meant for that to read $74.99 not 474.99. On a keyboard the $ and the 4 are the same key.

That would be an outstanding price for an 8 pounder! At $74/8pounds.....I'd "unload" some mutual funds and "reload" on some RL26! 😉 memtb

Don't think that place would be listed as my "go to" outlet. Customers have long memories. They may be buying from a scalper just to get on the shelf, or massive inflation 🤷🏻‍♂️ Either way it's ugly.

This is just plain and simple gouging, some businesses will do it and not care. Others care about their customers and still charge at market prices, which is 15-20% above what we were used too. I was at Cabelas last Friday, 8lb H4350 was $232, i also got 4lb keg of titegroup for $99. I stopped by a small shop this past Friday and he had very little powder, saw 7828sc was $89 per lb. Won't be going back there again!

I bought a pound of H4895 last weekend at a local GS only one in stock for $46. Almost had to slap myself for paying that much. Would not pay the OP prices. Break out the sling shot.

They seem to be all over the place in pricing. I pass by them once or twice a year and always stop in. I managed to find some powder that I had been looking for casually (Ramshot Tac to give a go in a 350RM) for a very fair price. I was certainly not "in need" as my other loads work just fine, but remember the pricing being good enough to purchase a can for experimenting.

They also had a CZ 452 American in 17HM2 that seemed to be pretty far under market value, but I left it on the shelf.

With that said - I do remember seeing the RL26 and laughing. Tac and multiple other powders at pre-pandemic and RL26 at a crazy high price. (Tac may not be as in demand, but they had nearly 20lbs when I stopped in on a Thursday, then had none left on my way back through on Sunday.)

I see people paying double the price for some components and not blinking an eye. The rational is "hunting ammo is the least expensive part of hunting.". Pricing ourselves out of hunting and shooting.

Something to think about, gun store used to sell 300,000 dollars worth of powder at 30 bucks a pound, so 10,000 pounds of powder. Now he can get 3,000 pounds but none of his wages, taxes or other operating costs went down. He can't get more of anything else that is a high volume seller as most other stuff he sells is supply constrained too. How do you suggest he makes enough money to keep the lights on, take a second job? I actually know business owners that are working a second job for wages because they can't make enough in their previously very successful businesses.

The shop owners are not the problem, the problem is a lot further up the food chain than that.
Your right , Trump ?

Here up north in Canada we have being paying prices like that for quite some time. Sad,but not much of a choice.
20220124_093654.jpg
last week, canada

Seem to see a decent amount of RL on the shelf at my local gun shop...Hodgdon is much more popular here and seems to be harder to find

Status
Not open for further replies.