Wow…just wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just loaded 100 rounds of my 260 rem. and 50 7 r saum. Jugs are getting light!
I also just purchased an Anschutz Super Air 2001 Olympic 10 meter rifle. Great off hand practice. I have been getting a LOT of shooting practice with my air rifles these days.

As long as people are willing to pay, the prices will stay up. I might quit shooting if I had to pay those prices. I sure couldn't afford to shoot for fun at that rate. If we'd all not buy any for a few months, the shelves would fill up and the price would drop. But, we're like heroin addicts, we have to have it, and have it now.

I got a line on a small town rifle shop near me from a friend. He was down there 3 days ago. The owner told him his last hazmat fee for all the powder he ordered was $30k. That's a whole lot of powder. My friend took pics of his shelves, and good lord, the amount of powder he has on hand is crazy. He has 2 8 pound jugs of Reloader 26, as well as most of the other Alliant powders. He said he's had the Reloader since last August, that nobody seemed to want it. Well. Tuesday, I'm going there to give that lonely 26 a new home and a job. Shute, I'll have enough Reloader 26 to shoot the barrels out of my 25-06 and 6.5-06. Oh yeah. His price for them 8 pound jugs is $300 a piece. Can't beat that with a stick.
Whats the shop name? He has a Hazmat then he can ship. I can get him sold out in hours.

I bought a pound of Titegroup at a LGS last week for $37. I was excited that it seemed prices were returning to normal. Yesterday I found a pound of Varget at Sportsmans took it to register...... $49. OH WELL.

At least some can be seen. It's a desert out here in eastern NC. Neuse Sports in Kinston is the only place I have seen rifle powder recently. What they had was about 8 to 12 more than powder valley which came out in the wash when you consider shipping and hazmat.
I am not desperate enough to pay shipping hazmat for 1lb limits. For me 3lbs is the minimum to eat Hazmat.

So here is last weeks purchase of H1000 at $41.99 which is no different than RL26 in scarcity. I would NEVER step foot in that store again, I would drive miles out of my way to get what I need instead of them. I don't need them but they need me is my mantra.
View attachment 333371View attachment 333372
I bet I know where you got it. Lol they have a pretty good supply of the hard to get. And they don't seem to be price gouging.

Do they Ship?
Call them and find out you are free to gather the information together and use it or disregard it. MERICA!!! Oh I just chatted with a buddy over in NE MT last night......yep funny how he just bought 3lb of H1000 and is picking me up some for $38 a pound. The best part is the 160
AB's he can buy for me also.

Status
Not open for further replies.