Wow…just wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's worse......

Dealer getting limited supply and selling at a price to keep the lights on, make lease payments on store front, and cutting checks for employees?

or.......

Dealer selling for normal mark up and it's on GB, shooting forum classifieds, or a local social media sales ad the next day for the above amount?

If any of you think this is gonna get better your not paying attention. I inow of probably close to 50 guys personally looking for H1000 and RL 26 let alone primers. And they are not even comp shooters. Just buddys and guys at local range clubs. Nope boys we are a few years out on stocked shelves. Cant remember the day when H1000 just sat on the shelf here in MT. Any body has it for sale Ill pay it. Trucks are a 100k now And Steaks $50 it just is what it is now. Might as well get usef to it.

Something to think about, gun store used to sell 300,000 dollars worth of powder at 30 bucks a pound, so 10,000 pounds of powder. Now he can get 3,000 pounds but none of his wages, taxes or other operating costs went down. He can't get more of anything else that is a high volume seller as most other stuff he sells is supply constrained too. How do you suggest he makes enough money to keep the lights on, take a second job? I actually know business owners that are working a second job for wages because they can't make enough in their previously very successful businesses.

The shop owners are not the problem, the problem is a lot further up the food chain than that.

As much as I like Reloader 26,I'd have a hard time spending $60 or $70 a pound for it.I'd just have to make do with the powders I have.I don't keep a lot of loaded ammo on had,just a good supply of components to make the ammo I want for the occasion.I like to work up good loads for my rifles with several different powders instead of getting stuck on one powder,then panic when you run out.An 8 pounder of Reloader 26 is certainly on my wish list,until then I'll burn what I have sparingly and use some of my other powders.

I got a line on a small town rifle shop near me from a friend. He was down there 3 days ago. The owner told him his last hazmat fee for all the powder he ordered was $30k. That's a whole lot of powder. My friend took pics of his shelves, and good lord, the amount of powder he has on hand is crazy. He has 2 8 pound jugs of Reloader 26, as well as most of the other Alliant powders. He said he's had the Reloader since last August, that nobody seemed to want it. Well. Tuesday, I'm going there to give that lonely 26 a new home and a job. Shute, I'll have enough Reloader 26 to shoot the barrels out of my 25-06 and 6.5-06. Oh yeah. His price for them 8 pound jugs is $300 a piece. Can't beat that with a stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.