Wounded Boar Charge

Double Naught Spy

[ame]https://youtu.be/BwiFjyURA1M[/ame]

I have to admit, there may have been some "excited shooting" there at the end when I started moving off of the proverbial X, but it all turned out well. Every time I watch the video, I get a bit scared all over again, but I kind of like it. My wife was not pleased with the video. Apparently, I am not supposed to let the hogs get that close...as if that is a rule or something, LOL.

I counted 5 definite hits out of the first 6 shots in the video before the really fast shooting and only found three wounds, two of which were a single through and through of the testicles and hind quarter. It is like the hog swallowed up the shots and sealed up...pretty cool and very disturbing. You can hear some of the impacts in full speed, but they stand out better in the slow motion portion at the end

You can buy fresh underwear from Walmart in the middle of the night, in case anyone was wondering.

The boar both taped and scaled right at 250 lbs.

I hope y'all find it exciting to watch. It was certainly exciting to have happen.

cool vid! wonder why that first shot didn't anchor him? think your barrel might have been behind the moving branches?

10 yards?....Heck that's long range for us. Had one roll up against my feet while back peddling. I know some consider it sissy to wear Chainsaw Pants or !/4" leather chaps, but would just as soon not have to show any more scars than those earned overseas.

Also main reason I carry a 308 semi auto with 20 rounds of 168 grain in it.

Very nice video and hog! Your last shot sequence sounded real familiar to me!

Keep it up.

Packrat

I have to admit, there may have been some "excited shooting" there at the end when I started moving off of the proverbial X, but it all turned out well. Every time I watch the video, I get a bit scared all over again, but I kind of like it. My wife was not pleased with the video. Apparently, I am not supposed to let the hogs get that close...as if that is a rule or something, LOL.

I counted 5 definite hits out of the first 6 shots in the video before the really fast shooting and only found three wounds, two of which were a single through and through of the testicles and hind quarter. It is like the hog swallowed up the shots and sealed up...pretty cool and very disturbing. You can hear some of the impacts in full speed, but they stand out better in the slow motion portion at the end

You can buy fresh underwear from Walmart in the middle of the night, in case anyone was wondering.

The boar both taped and scaled right at 250 lbs.
I hope y'all find it exciting to watch. It was certainly exciting to have happen.

Now you know why Hog hunting has replaced all the other hunting for this adrenaline junky!

How in the heck did your bowels get loose enough to release?...My assh*le usually ends up somewhere about mid way up just below my lungs and am constipated for a week......:D

Packrat

Awesome video. I am amazed by how much damage hogs and take and keep on going.

A few years ago on a hunt, one of the guys I went with shot a 350 lb plus hog in the shoulder. The shot completely destroyed the hog's shoulder to the point it couldn't walk or run. It was pretty ****ed off and anytime anyone of came near him, he would snarl and thrash his head about. He had 4" cutters on him, and since none of us felt like getting cut, we decided to shoot him in the head and be done with him. We shot that hog 4 times in the head from less than 5 feet with a 30-30, and all we did was make him even more mad. We waited until another guy showed up with a 12ga with 00 buck, which finally did the trick.

After watching your Video question comes to mind, what cal of rifle were you being use, also it looks like the shot placement for the first shot was towards the rear.

I have over the years smacked over 100 pigs and in every case they were one shot kills because the placement of the first shot was in the lung-heart area. Gun was 30-06 with 150 gr Nosler all 150 yards or closure.

After watching your Video question comes to mind, what cal of rifle were you being use, also it looks like the shot placement for the first shot was towards the rear.

I have over the years smacked over 100 pigs and in every case they were one shot kills because the placement of the first shot was in the lung-heart area. Gun was 30-06 with 150 gr Nosler all 150 yards or closure.

Went back and shooed the buzzards off the carcass. The first shot entered behind the left shoulder, quartered away, but did not exit. It was a heart-lung area shot. It was undoubtedly a fatal shot, just not immediately fatal. There was a mid body shot that entered the right side and exited the left and that is the larger bloody wound you see. Then a shot through the testicles/haunches. The final confirmed impact was in the front of the neck, going into the chest which apparently provided the actual stop. It did not exit. I thought I had a 5th impact, but was wrong.

I took the first shot and placed it about where I intended. I like quartering away shots. The shield is thinner and less chance to hit heavy bone on entry. I took the shot at the time because of the wind direction. That he had not winded me already was a bit of a surprise, but it was the only approach I had without hiking out to the truck and driving around to the other side of the property.

Amazing what they'll soak up, and amazing how little it takes to kill them sometimes. I've seen them soak up a 30-06 in the right spot, and had to give up blood trailing after a mile or two. And on the other hand, sometimes all it takes is a 55grn FMJ round to the body and they're graveyard dead.

Kinda like arguing about what pistol caliber for concealed carry.... goes to show you never can tell.

Great video ! Yes, they are indeed tough animals but a shot to the testicles would have dropped me.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.