Would you shoot this deer?

I normally do not hunt for racks. I like large bodies and lots of meat hanging on the bone. however the rack is very tempting. look like Utah, but it's been 20 years since I have seen that country.

ew-biggie-007.jpg

Would you shoot this deer or consider leaving it for seed for more like him in the future
? No right or wrong answer. I realize it could be a trophy of a lifetime. Just wondering what others might consider?
Brother, if its a hullymonster to you and you want to hang it in the livingroom or man cave , pull the trigger, you'll make Boone and Crockett or Pope and Young, his genetics is in your herd and he might not make it till next year, good luck

ew-biggie-007.jpg

Would you shoot this deer or consider leaving it for seed for more like him in the future
? No right or wrong answer. I realize it could be a trophy of a lifetime. Just wondering what others might consider?
Shoot it. It may be your last opportunity

While I appreciate a large rack and have a 190+ whitetail on the wall, I shoot them to eat them. Where I typically hunt the large wolf population kill every buck over two years old now. Does not diminish my pleasure in harvesting and eating one. My most memorable buck was only a 4 point. It dressed out at almost 275 pounds. A lot of meat on that boy. I actually prefer to eat does though. Cow elk taste better as well.

-yarro

So I've previously posted my thoughts on this . But I ask my oldest son who is 16 what he would do his response is as follows. " dad I'd shoot the smaller one that's broadside and as soon as the big one turns just a little more you or brother could shoot him that way we're guaranteed some meat" . I love my two sons meat hunters through and through. Their motto is killing tomorrow's trophies today.

Yes sir most certainly, i would let that nice little one behind him take over the herd or another hiding some where. Im pretty sure with that kind of stud that there are several more.

Like the buck but not the shot. You can hit em from rear end but it's awful and may ruin a lot of meat with a blown up stomach. I won't do that twice. I wud put crawl/sneak on him and get better shot. Like someone said earlier, then give him a ride in my truck.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.