Would you pay it

I would if the occassion lent itself to being able to reap the benefits of such a high bc and price.

I pay nearly that much for the hunting bullet that I use now. I don't plink with it I hunt with it. It is exceptional at what it does at any range. If it is an exceptional Hunting bullet then it is worth it in my opinion.

Steve

Not unless it is readily available!

Too many people burnt with one bullet guns from one single person mftr that ends up leaving them high and dry.

Particularily not if the bullet requires a special twist barrel.

IMO recipe for frustration and disaster.

BH

No, I don't think I would.
To many other good bullets out there for 1/3 the price.

NO. for a number of reasons.
1.) to really make use of that BC your going to need to find a place to shoot a lot further than I am now and right now finding a place to hunt where I can shoot far enough to really make use of a BC that high is really hard.
2.) I would have to completely redo my rifle build to change the twist and COAL to be able to shoot it. To make full use of the BC I would also need to completely revamp my optics.
3.) I am first off a hunter not a target shooter (that's debatable at times though :) ) I build rifles to enable me to shoot at animal's that I couldn't reach before with the calibers/energy/higher BC that I had been using. The .338 Edge I'm building shooting 300 grain Sierra Match Kings will most likely be able to more than do the job I need done. Kind of hard to beat the price of those and justify paying that much more for a bullet with that BC.

I will say this though. Some of the area's the other guys hunt in it just might be that they can make full use of the higher BC and range so it might be possible that would want it. Now if you said how about a .25 cal bullet with a BC in the .700 I might just jump all over that one.

Yes, but only as a hunting bullet. Doubt I would use 50 a year. If your are working on a business plan I dont think you could make any money. Might be able to pay for your dies. The Burger 338 VLD will be out shortly with a BC of .9 I bet they will be under .50 cents each. I know if I want to make a long range shot Im going to practice all summer long with the Burger or Sierra. To plug a different bullet in and take it hunting when i feel comfortable practiceing with my same load all summer long really does not make sence to me. Im going to change my mind and say NO.

+1 w/BillR on his item #1. Ties right into my previous post, no areas around here or game here that would come close to me needing that kind of bc.

Just found them is pretty vague, care to tell us from whom or where and how do you know the bc's that high?

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.