Would you ever buy a used scope on amazon?

To add to this interesting challenge for the buyer, look at Amazon right now. Search for Zeiss V8 4.8 - 35 x 60 and you will see a review that I can't believe is true. Someone claims they ordered a Zeiss and got a package loaded with 2 water bottles instead of a scope. Can't really believe that is true. Nor a very successful scam. Certainly a one and done scam. Since the seller is an established business I have to question the post. Why would you go to the trouble of such a post. It is not even in English. Go figure.

this warning was posted on the zeiss web page a while back :

ZEISS COUNTERFEIT PRODUCT ALERT

We have learned that counterfeit ZEISS products are being sold on eBay by ebay sellers "bestofferwatch" and "sportpolar" (items shipped from Singapore). Please be advised that the following products are not genuine ZEISS riflescopes and they are not supported by ZEISS either through our U.S./CAN Limited Lifetime Transferable Warranty or repair program. (Actual product description may vary):

• GOLD Scope Carl Zeiss 3-9x40AOMC Multi-X HD Riflescope Sight Aipr quake-proof
  • GOLD Scope Carl Zeiss 3-9x40 RED/GREEN Reticle Multi-X H Sight Aipr Quake-Proof
  • Carl Zeiss Rifle Scope 3-12X50 RED/GREEN Reticle Multi-X H Sight Aipr Quake-P
  • Carl Zeiss Rifle Scope 3-12X50AOMC Red/Green Telescope Sight Aipr quake-proof
  • Zeiss Rifle Scope 4-16x50AOMC Illuminated RED/GREEN Reticle Multi-X H Sight
  • Golden Carl Zeiss Rifle Scope 6-24x50AOMC Red/Green Telescope Sight USA New
To purchase genuine ZEISS products, please refer to our Dealer Locator for a listing of authorized ZEISS dealers.

also seen fake conquest scopes too, but I would trust a "amazon/prime" listing as Ive never had any problems with amazon except for the occasional "oops sorry we can't find that great open box deal we posted so we have to cancel your order and refund you"

Those are the ones I remember.

I don't know why anyone would by a scope off Amazon or ebay, you have about a 50-50 chance of getting a knock off, sure maybe you can return it but how much of a PITA is that, there are a lot of reputable dealers out there Camraland, Mile High, CS Tactical, Liberty Optics to name a few, if you do your research and give these good folks a call talk to them you can get a decent deal, and you are supporting folks that support our community, you are just not going to get a Zeiss or SB or Minox for $400.00, please support the dealers that support us, take a look at the classifieds here or other sites, there are decent deals on used scopes to be had, just stay away from Amazon.

I would have to agree with you on this, still not a reason some one should get screwed just because they are not familiar with the product

So the solution ? Lemme see ---- Let's set up another government agency in charge of protecting people from their own stupidity. OH wait we already have several 100 of those.

Ok folks, here is my free fake Leupold. As you can see, it is NOT a copy of any existing or past Leupold. What you cant see is the red or green mil dot reticle that Leupold never made. Then there was the price of <$100 and shipped from CHINA. To think you were getting a real Leupold tells me the buyer should be under care in a home. (and before the smart butts start popping off --- I bought it knowing exactly what it was.)

IMG_3684.jpg

IMG_3693.jpg
IMG_3695.jpg
IMG_3699.jpg
IMG_3700.jpg
IMG_3701.jpg
IMG_3702.jpg
IMG_3704.jpg

this warning was posted on the zeiss web page a while back :

ZEISS COUNTERFEIT PRODUCT ALERT

We have learned that counterfeit ZEISS products are being sold on eBay by ebay sellers "bestofferwatch" and "sportpolar" (items shipped from Singapore). Please be advised that the following products are not genuine ZEISS riflescopes and they are not supported by ZEISS either through our U.S./CAN Limited Lifetime Transferable Warranty or repair program. (Actual product description may vary):

• GOLD Scope Carl Zeiss 3-9x40AOMC Multi-X HD Riflescope Sight Aipr quake-proof
  • GOLD Scope Carl Zeiss 3-9x40 RED/GREEN Reticle Multi-X H Sight Aipr Quake-Proof
  • Carl Zeiss Rifle Scope 3-12X50 RED/GREEN Reticle Multi-X H Sight Aipr Quake-P
  • Carl Zeiss Rifle Scope 3-12X50AOMC Red/Green Telescope Sight Aipr quake-proof
  • Zeiss Rifle Scope 4-16x50AOMC Illuminated RED/GREEN Reticle Multi-X H Sight
  • Golden Carl Zeiss Rifle Scope 6-24x50AOMC Red/Green Telescope Sight USA New
To purchase genuine ZEISS products, please refer to our Dealer Locator for a listing of authorized ZEISS dealers.

also seen fake conquest scopes too, but I would trust a "amazon/prime" listing as Ive never had any problems with amazon except for the occasional "oops sorry we can't find that great open box deal we posted so we have to cancel your order and refund you"

AND every scope on that list was NEVER made by Zeiss.

For great optics at great prices go to blackhoundoptics.com and check them out. They are still out of stock on the Genesis 6-24x50 MOA but they have the MIL in stock. Other great scopes as well. All have a lifetime transferable warranty and they come with many extras like sun shade, 30 mm rings, bubble levels, flip up caps and more. They have been manufacturing scopes for other companies for 41 years. Use coupon code "basinman" for an additional 5% off and free shipping.

Well idk what happened but I couldn't find the original scope in question I was looking at the next day but looked again today and there it is. Seller is amazon. Zeiss v6 5-30x50 zmoa reticle. Regularly go for $2000. This one listed "used very good" with the description saying in original packaging, packaging damaged. Selling for $1029. Ordered it up and hopefully everything is good to go and it'll be sitting on my new custom that should be wrapped up by end of June! I'll let y'all know when I get it I suppose