Would you ever buy a used scope on amazon?

Found one huge bargain on a zeiss 4-18 and I bought it !

Zeiss Victory V8 1.8-14x50 T Riflescope Ill #60 ASV/BDC Turret (522119-9960-040

Reg Amazon price $3375, "used" (open box) $1688 w/ Amazon guarantee.
Where on Amazon do you find these used scopes? Or, do you just run a search for Zeiss?

Some very good fake Zeiss scopes out there. Have a look on YouTube. First indication is moisture in the tube. Second indication is when you send it back to Zeiss for repair they tell you it's not one of theirs.
If something is sold by Amazon, I have always been able to return it if there is a problem. Often with a prepaid by Amazon shipping label. IF it's a Third Party (not Amazon), you may need to be careful.

I suggest you call Zeiss with the model and serial number. There are some very good fakes being sold, with even the box and manuals being exact copies. They sell much cheaper. If the call reveals you got the real thing......rejoice !!!! Just be sure!

Worth the risk? I've found the scope I've been planing on putting atop my new custom listed on amazon, says "used-very good" and in description it basically says damaged packaging is the reason? This scope is listed for about 50% of the going rate. Would y'all take the risk?
Check with Zeiss, they will usually refurbish them for free.

Worth the risk? I've found the scope I've been planing on putting atop my new custom listed on amazon, says "used-very good" and in description it basically says damaged packaging is the reason? This scope is listed for about 50% of the going rate. Would y'all take the risk?

If Amazon is the seller, I would not worry. If a 3rd party seller, I'd call for more details and pics.

My wife buys "open box" stuff from Amazon all the time and the items are brand new at very reduced pricing. And as stated earlier, you can return it if you are not satisfied. If it is supplied by Amazon and not an independent seller I would go for it.

If you have Amazon Prime they will usually take stuff back no questions ask, my wife does it all the time, personally I have not and will not ever buy anything from Amazon, just don't like the way they operate, they sell a lot of knock off junk, but that's just me.

I have handled the fake Zeiss at a couple guns shows. The seller did not bother to divulge they were fakes. When pressed, he finally said they were. He had people look through and handle them, and many people bought them thinking they were real. I would have kicked him out of the show permanently. I did bring this booth to the attention of the folks putting on the show, and they did nothing!!!

To add a bit of a twist, make sure that either on eBay or Amazon (if third party), the seller has tons of reviews. A fly shop in Colorado was robbed a few years ago and they alerted all the flyfishing newsgroups. Some guy with little selling history tried to unload some fancy reels for prices that were too low to be believable. The shop was contacted and the listings came down.

At any gun show, there are a LOT of people who are not very knowledgeable about scopes. Many have never seen or handled a real Zeiss. They recognize the name from reading about them. The seller preys upon these folks. These buyers are not stupid, just inexperienced. I personally know a great many shooters, many with years of experience, that have never bothered to look at scopes with price tags of $1000 and above. These folks have gotten by all this time with scopes in the $150 to $350 price ranges. They take home their game every year and are very happy. Go look at Wish.c_m Lots of fake name brands for sale.

Where are you finding these perfect Zeiss fakes ? I've never seen one on Ebay that would fool anyone who knew about the real product.

An obvious fake Leupold: https://www.ebay.com/itm/leupold-scope-Mark-4-4-5-14x50-CHINA/283892567109?hash=item421950cc45:g:hrUAAOSwFIVezaB6&LH_BIN=1

Could not find any fake Zeisses.

And you really think Amazon is selling fake scopes ? This is not a 3rd party seller.
this warning was posted on the zeiss web page a while back :

ZEISS COUNTERFEIT PRODUCT ALERT

We have learned that counterfeit ZEISS products are being sold on eBay by ebay sellers "bestofferwatch" and "sportpolar" (items shipped from Singapore). Please be advised that the following products are not genuine ZEISS riflescopes and they are not supported by ZEISS either through our U.S./CAN Limited Lifetime Transferable Warranty or repair program. (Actual product description may vary):

• GOLD Scope Carl Zeiss 3-9x40AOMC Multi-X HD Riflescope Sight Aipr quake-proof
  • GOLD Scope Carl Zeiss 3-9x40 RED/GREEN Reticle Multi-X H Sight Aipr Quake-Proof
  • Carl Zeiss Rifle Scope 3-12X50 RED/GREEN Reticle Multi-X H Sight Aipr Quake-P
  • Carl Zeiss Rifle Scope 3-12X50AOMC Red/Green Telescope Sight Aipr quake-proof
  • Zeiss Rifle Scope 4-16x50AOMC Illuminated RED/GREEN Reticle Multi-X H Sight
  • Golden Carl Zeiss Rifle Scope 6-24x50AOMC Red/Green Telescope Sight USA New
To purchase genuine ZEISS products, please refer to our Dealer Locator for a listing of authorized ZEISS dealers.

also seen fake conquest scopes too, but I would trust a "amazon/prime" listing as Ive never had any problems with amazon except for the occasional "oops sorry we can't find that great open box deal we posted so we have to cancel your order and refund you"