Would you ever buy a used scope on amazon?

Jakeweb09

Worth the risk? I've found the scope I've been planing on putting atop my new custom listed on amazon, says "used-very good" and in description it basically says damaged packaging is the reason? This scope is listed for about 50% of the going rate. Would y'all take the risk?

Sold by amazon? Send it.
I've bought a lot of used stuff on amazon, if it's from amazon or amazon warehouse it should hold their money back guarantee and if it's not in good condition or legit you can send it back.

If it's from a seller make sure they have good feedback and are not a new account. If so it's likely a scammer, but I've sold used optics on there before also, there are many legit sellers.

Pm me if you want my opinion on this actual situation I won't buy it out from under ya

That's an amazing deal! Has anyone else bought scopes off of this? The one I was looking at said "used very good" but the description said comes in all original packaging but packaging is damaged. What I wonder is was it actually used or is that just how they label them when the packaging is damaged?

That was a great deal on the Zeiss. I missed that one. Just bought a demo V6 Zeiss for $400 off. But you got quite the buy! I have purchased quite a few demos. Also used from private now and then. Some good advice above on when to buy to reduce risk. I know there are knockoff Zeiss out there to watch foe. Those were "Conquests". Haven't seen that with these newer model lines.

None of the fakes I have seen were identical to the real ones. Both the Leupolds and Conquests had illuminated reticles that were never offerred in those models.

I bought a fake Leupold for 95 bucks to use on a 22. Later on Ebay found they were fakes and refunded all my money. Free scope !

Most of the listings that are shown on Amazon as used are "open box " listings. Generally, they are items that have their original box damaged but contents are fine. If they have "Prime " shipping they have a guaranteed return within 30 days of purchase. So far, I have purchased dozens of items like this without a single problem. Get it, try it, check it. If it's got a problem, contact Amazon for a free return shipping number and return it. Simple as that!

None of the fakes I have seen were identical to the real ones. Both the Leupolds and Conquests had illuminated reticles that were never offerred in those models.

I bought a fake Leupold for 95 bucks to use on a 22. Later on Ebay found they were fakes and refunded all my money. Free scope !

The Conquest knockoffs definitely could be spotted for sure. If you are new to Zeiss you might miss those details.

Found one huge bargain on a zeiss 4-18 and I bought it !

Zeiss Victory V8 1.8-14x50 T Riflescope Ill #60 ASV/BDC Turret (522119-9960-040

Reg Amazon price $3375, "used" (open box) $1688 w/ Amazon guarantee.
Cant go wrong with the top of the line scope from zeiss ! They have a lifetime warranty I believe !