Would you custom a 7mm rem mag or a 300. wsm

matt_3479

If you only had the choice between those two calibers which would you choose. I have both right now and would like to pick one for a project to custom. I love both of them and they both shoot really nice. This rifle would be used on everything from deer to moose. It will mainly be used on Moose. My party trys to do a moose hunt every year, and if not then it will be a black bear hunt with the odd year being Caribou.

So given the fact that it will be mainly used on moose from 0-600 yards which would you choose and why?

I don't think you can go wrong with either. I would choose the WSM for no other reason other than I've been shooting one since they came out. Mine loves 175 SMK's and will also shoot 180 NAB's 1/2 MOA or better. Whats not to like.

Both will work well, but the 300wsm with the bigger bullets will be pritty good for those moose and black bear up close, I load for a friend the 208 Amax, R22, 2835fps for the longer shots (400-600yrds) and a good hunting 200-220grain bullet for a magazine load for the close stuff.

My 7mm is a remington and my 300 is a browning, but if I were to custom I would buy another 300 in a Remington to custom and sell my browning or keep it as a carry around/back up rifle.

I know it sounds as it might be more of a hassle to custom the 300 but I love the 300 WSM so I just want to know, if it were you would you custom a 7mm and the 300 which would you choose.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts