Would like recommendations of Bases/rings

coyoteugly

Hi folks,
First time posting and look forward to your help. I have a new Savage Model 12 LRPV 6.5 X 284, with a 26" heavy fluted barrel I need to scope. I plan on shooting long range 600-1000 yards. Looking at a Huskemaw scope with a 50 mm objective, 30 mm body. I know you get what you pay for but have limited budget. Night Force and CS Gunworks sponsors feel free to "sell me" if you spot this post. I need both bases(20 mm?) and 30 mm rings............thanks.

cant go wrong with a huskemaw. if thats what you can afford . vortex viper is coming out with a pst line that looks promising also. might want to check there website. pricing looks very competetive.

Burris Signature rings are excellent. They come with inserts to tilt(?) the scope. I am not sure of the exact MOA they tilt, depends a bit on the length between the rings. They are marked +0.02 and -0.02 or something like that. They make them in 30 mm and different heights.

Stu.

cant go wrong with a huskemaw. if thats what you can afford . vortex viper is coming out with a pst line that looks promising also. might want to check there website. pricing looks very competetive.

I just order a vortex viper PST EBR-1 FFP Illuminated. VIP warranty is unlimited- unconditional -transferable -no time limit. This is going on a savage 111 long range hunter for grandson. Ones i get a good load with low es i will get a CUSTOM DROP COMPENSATER ballistics turret from Kenton Industries TTC FOR $85.00. This hoe scope package with 20moa base and rings will be Way less then huskemaw. If you wan,t to look at the scope and optic go to page 5 of optic you will see a post back from shot show. Click on.Then the meadle of page click on Vortex. Then go to bottom of page click on VIPER pst-EBR-1 FFP. then at the top of the page click on reticle. REALY NICE. The FFP IS ABOUT A HUNDER MORE THEN THE pst ebr-1 Whitch is in second focal plane reticle. My nightforce is in the second focal plane reticle. I Went with the first focal plane the price was to good to pass up. Shop for best price. e-mail all optic sponser on this sight. I like Liberty optics. Hope this help IF you do you will have lots of exter money for powder & bullets.

+1 for burris signature rings. These rings are great, no lapping rings or marring of the scopes finish and they give you the ability to shim your scope in any direction.

Thank You everyone for your suggestions and input. After visiting with Jerry at Warne, SWFA, and Bob at Sinclair, I decided to go with Leupold 30mm rings and a Ken Farrell Savage 1 piece 20moa base for a set up. Warne/SWFA was out-of-stock of the base I needed and Bob at Sinclair spoke highly of the Ken Farrell bases...so that's what I'm going with! thanks,

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.