Would a "NAVIGATION" forum be good?

Litehiker

With the spread of GPS use, GOOGLE earth and mapping with it and many other mapping sites like the X-HUNT SD cards, etc. PLUS the proper use of map and compass maybe we need a NAVIGATION forum.

LRH is a place where we come to ask questions and get answers. Navigation and navigation gear always raises a lot of questions on backpacking sites. I'm pretty sure the same would happen on LRH.

Eric B.

Last edited:
I think those threads started for navigation could be handled in Back pack hunting section. Many threads there about it already. Just my 2cents.

HR,
Many of us backpack hunt but most don't so that majority likely won't be going to the backpack forums.
There is a whole new world of mapping out there and many websites with lots of good stuff and ways to overlay say, GOOGLE Earth with top maps for more information including watering locations, an important thing in the west.

Eric B.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.