Worn out 721 30.06 extractor

meatyrem

I need to see about options for my 721 30.06 that does not like to extract spent cases most of the time but occasionally does grab the case. I have heard of having a sako extractor installed but I would rather find a better 721 extractor that isn't worn out or spend some money with a good smith to install a sako extractor. two questions: 1. does anyone know where I can find a replacement 721 extractor? 2. Who knows a good smith that can install a sako extractor?

1. does anyone know where I can find a replacement 721 extractor?

Gun Parts has them for the magnum bolt face but not the '06 bolt face.

I personally would call Brownells experts to ask about which extractors can be used since they have both in stock that way you get the proper factory extractor for fitting.

2. Who knows a good smith that can install a sako extractor?

I do not recommend the Sako extractors.

While Karl is a good gunsmith, there are hundreds of equally qualified gunsmiths across the U.S. who can machine and install an M16 (mini or standard) extractor. I suggest checking locally or within driving distance. But UPS, FED-X and USPS deliver from you to anywhere in the U.S. for just a few dollars.

Thanks fellas.
I'm still trying to do option one because I want to keep it as "factory" as possible.
Option two (sounds like m16 style) could be a possibility later if option one is out. It's not going to be dedicated hunt where reliability is key but rather something to run to the north woods for a few days while also having a backup with me.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.