World record desert muly

115vld

Guys I just wanted to say I got a lease in northwest Texas this year that has the world record nontypical desert mule deer. To say I am pumped is such a vast understatement it's not even funny. I will be filming the hunt so I can share it all with you. My rig I will go after him with is as following:

Wby mk5 left handed action.
Shilin #7 28" 9 twist chambered in 7rem mag
180 gr JLK vld @3025 fps
71.5gr H1000
David Tubb break and level
McMillan A5
Near 40 MOA base
Nightforce 5.5-22x56

This sucker is in trouble if I get within 1500 yards. I have shot this rifle out to 2167 yards and it is a freakin tack driver. This year I have taken 3 hogs over 1000 yards with the furthest being 1374 yards. I am going scouting in 3 weeks. I will have pics of the 7000 acre ranch. I will shoot out there too to see how the bullets fly! Wish me luck!!

Web, I have a shed pic but only have an iPhone right now and cant post it. Shoot me a text at 817-613-6785 and I'll send you the pic so u can post it on here.

I'd say that maybe 5% of tx is high fence. I'm not going to lie, my place is a high fence operation. The place I am going is free range. The sheds off the buck were found last year and they were only two pts off the world record given a 26" inside spread.

Would you mind sharing the location a little more closely, like maybe the county. I'm not a deer hunter so not after your trophy. I've just spent the last 40 yrs living and working from Amarillo to Alpine.

Thanks.

The owner of the ranch asked me not to devolve the county for fear of poaching getting worse than it is. I don't think anyone on here would do that but you never know who is going to read this. Just know its in the pan handle.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.