Working up loads for magnums

Good luck and please let us all know?,
6D1AC3EE-386C-4285-80F1-DFBB68FE3BA7.jpeg
Brake is on! I'll get out this weekend to see how it does 👍🏻

MSA Supreme Pro-X with gel cushions. I have tried many brands and this is the one I used last year and will use until I find something better. At the range I use plugs and muff.

I once shot a Mossberg pump gun, when they first started selling the 3-1/2 inch 12 gauge shells for shooting turkeys. Once was enough !!! Recoil was BRUTAL.
Oh, come on... Those things were fun... I had one of the Mossberg pumps too. Goose and turkey loads were interesting...
The highest recoil weapon I've ever fired was a lightweight m700 in 416 Remington shooting 400 grain factory ammo... That one got my attention...

How is the concussion when shooting with that one?
With the ear plugs in, I couldn't tell much of a difference. But I did set up my phone on slow-motion to record a couple of shots. The phone was about 6' behind me. In the recordings I can see the image shaking from the concussion waves.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts