Work of art is finished

G

GNERGY

It started with these threads

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/work-art-continues-338-stock-55737/

I started a job so that put a crunch on my free time, and getting home in the afternoon it was kinda windy outside, cause that is where I have to spray it.
I got switched to 3rd shift so in the mornings it was a lot calmer so I had time to give it some more coats and sand it and spray it again.
It is still going to need sanded with 1500 or 2000 and buffed out, but I couldn't wait to get it put together and take it to the range.
The high comb puts my eye in perfect alingnment with the scope.
Got a lot of compliments at the range on saturday.
Thanks again to Joel Russo for the nice carving of the piece of wood I sent him.
And NO I didn't drill a hole to mount that bipod, it's just sitting on it.
Tarey

DSCN1875.jpg

DSCN1882.jpg

DSCN1884.jpg

DSCN1880.jpg

DSCN1879.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice !!!!

Joel and you make a good team.

What kind of wood is that?

I have one of his Bubinga stocks that is drop dead gorgeous.

J E CUSTOM

It is a piece of ironwood, I got it from a friend of mine who got it from a customer he did some work for. That guy got it at an estate sale over 25 yrs ago.
Thanks
Tarey

Wonderful job finishing that stock Tarey. :)

Looks like you may have a future in stock finishing....

It certainly must be a satisfying feeling knowing that you bedded it and finished it yourself!

Last edited:
338 Ultra mag. 30 inch Broughton tube with a Centershot rifles Muscle brake and Jim did the gunsmithing work.
Thanks for the nice replys.
Tarey

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.