WORK OF ART CONTINUES (338 Stock)

G

GNERGY

This is the starting thread
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/work-art-its-way-54165/

I'm finally done with bedding and fitting and sanding ( 180 220 400 grit paper )
Joel told me to use auto clear to finish it. I bought a spraygun for $40.00 from TCP Global and some good 2 part clear.
DSCN1824.jpg

So I mixed some up and gave it 2 coats, then going to sand it and give it 2 more coats and sand again and 2 final coats.
DSCN1826.jpg

DSCN1827.jpg

More pics after more progress
Tarey

Now we're talkin'.

Looks great Tarey. Wet sand it with 800, clean it up and then shoot it again. You may have to do that twice to get it where you want it. If you want a satin finish, get a hold of me and I'll tell you the easy way..

This is the starting thread
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/work-art-its-way-54165/

I'm finally done with bedding and fitting and sanding ( 180 220 400 grit paper )
Joel told me to use auto clear to finish it. I bought a spraygun for $40.00 from TCP Global and some good 2 part clear.
DSCN1824.jpg

So I mixed some up and gave it 2 coats, then going to sand it and give it 2 more coats and sand again and 2 final coats.
DSCN1826.jpg

DSCN1827.jpg

More pics after more progress
Tarey

Nice Job !! Looks like the truck hood could use a little attention next :D

BigBuck

From the pic I'd say the truck is just starting to get broken in nicely.:D The stock IS nice.

Man you just can't beat a wood stock like that ! Very nice.
That hood looks just like an ole ford truck hood to me .
Tarey is that an ole ford I used to have an 85 model that looked similar to that :)

BigBuck

Thanks for the nice replys.
Bigbuck that is the hood of my 91 GMC suburban from being in the hot arizona sun. I have completely redone everything on that truck but the body work and paint.
Tarey

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts