Wooo Hoo I did it!!!

Well done WW. Heck, I was happy hitting a couch sized boulder at 1500 yards. I would be giddy as a school girl on her first prom date if I nailed a p-dog that far. You wouldn't be able to shut me up.
grin.gif

Brent-- Here's a pic of my bench --It's jst like Ric's except mine is better looking...
wink.gif
grin.gif

1851868.jpg

Sounds like a blast. Congrats on the ULR kills!

Are you going to be making some vidios now too?
smile.gif

I'f you guys were using a Wild/Barr & Stroud, how long does it take to dial the range in on one of them critters? You been using the PDA for getting drops way out there? If you have, how's it been working? Likes, or dislikes?

O Ya! I remember that one. I like the rest too, where'd ya score that sweetheart?

CJ, I asked Ric in an email I just sent him what he thought about a 3 leg table vs a 4 leg, what do you think's the best way to go too? Anyone else too?

I was thinking the 3 legs would set even on any uneven surface, but with adjustable legs, leveling the table might be more stable with 4??

I don't want to sacrifice stability just so it will set up fast and solid.

The other question I had was, are those adjustable legs TOTALY solid? Any movement in the joint there and I'd just go with solid legs.

I'd think you all wouldn't be using them if they moved any though.
wink.gif

I have everything to build mine now but the legs.

Brent I'ld say go with the adjustable legs.

One other cheap way to do it is buy and old school desk. The one with the seat that you kinda slide into and put the adjustable legs on it thats what I doing. Really only works if you are right handed.

They are small enough that you can carry two or more in a pickup bed and light enough to carry with one hand. Just a thought.

Sent you an e-mail.

Brent,

I e-mailed back at ya.. 4 definitly 4

And well.. I have to agree, CJ's is better looking, but mines bigger!!
grin.gif
I like alot of room on my bench. If I hav CJ's cushy job I'd have mroe time to "perfect" too..
wink.gif
grin.gif

Ric

Good shooting.

Now you have to go further in yardage
wink.gif
because you "know" you can.

What scope and reticule was used?

The Barr and Stroud rangefinder has been the standard for many years in the Longrange hunting fields. They work fine.

Later
DC

Whisper, in case you're not already, join the Varmint Hunters Assoc. and register for the 1500 yd club. Excellent shooting, I'm green...
wink.gif
grin.gif
cool.gif

How about discussing the equipment used for this great shooting. What spotters or BigEyZ?
What scope, power, reticule, base? What could have helped go further (limiting factor)....etc.

Great shooting!

Max,

I am a member but none of the 4 witnesses are.. so I am **** outta luck!!

Randy,

6/284 sleeved rem 700 action, McMillian BR stock, 30" K&P fluted, straight taper, vias break, Jewel trigger ( 4 oz. ) and a Lupy LR target on top.... Lupy rings and a Farrel 20 MOA base.. I think.. not sure as it wasn't my rifle.

I used my bench much like the one pictured above. I did use a front rest and rear bag.

The scope was set at 20X as there was a little mirage. It was the fine duplex model.

The spotting scope as a Kowa I believe.. WOW.. AWESOME but heavy!!

The only limiting fator was the 6mm, 107 SMK.. was really getting pushed around by wind and running outta steam at 1500. For 1000 yard shooting the 6/284 built by Jerry was hammering them!!

To go further ... heavier bullet 6.5 or better and more horsepower...

I have my hopes set for 2000 yards in the next couple of weeks...

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts