Woodleigh Bullet Factory Destroyed

MagnumManiac

That is very sad news. I used to shoot with Geoff and a few of his employees.
I may leave it a while before giving him a call. As I am mostly off the grid these days, I didn’t even know this had occurred.
I use a tonne of Woodleigh bullets, I really hope he starts back up because there is no bullet I would use in my 416’s or 375’s for buff other than Woodleigh.

Cheers.

fxol

I did hear something a day or so ago that suggested perhaps there was a glimmer of hope that they may rebuild.

Aussie Hunter Steve

It is a great loss, not just to Geoff & Co, but to the whole firearms industry. For serious hunting Woodleigh bullets are about as dependable as it gets.

DR Ray

That is very sad news. I used to shoot with Geoff and a few of his employees.
I may leave it a while before giving him a call. As I am mostly off the grid these days, I didn’t even know this had occurred.
I use a tonne of Woodleigh bullets, I really hope he starts back up because there is no bullet I would use in my 416’s or 375’s for buff other than Woodleigh.

Cheers.
I use Woodleigh bullets in my 415 Rem and 308.
Geoff was always very helpful.

greenejc

I use Woodleigh bullets in my 415 Rem and 308.
Geoff was always very helpful.
Since I shoot a lot and on a budget, I mostly use Nosler, Speer and Sierra, with some Hornaday match bullets in .223 and .308 because they shoot adequately and they're less expensive. I will sometimes shoot 100 rounds at a sitting in various calibers, and at least that in my prairie dog calibers when hunting varmints, so I try to keep the costs down and keep my wife happy. I would use Woodleigh bullets for Alaska, though.

greenejc

Protected points are my favorite bullet for 8mm, .338 and 9.3mm... bulldozers!
I used to love the 180gr Corelokt PSP's and the 185gr 8mm Corelokt bullets. They were inexpensive and shot into about 1.2" in my -06 and 0.8" in my 8mm -06 improved. The 8mm bullets hit like a sledgehammer.