Wood Stove - Cabelas

Muddyboots

Couldn't figure out where to put this so selected this forum. I've gone back to DIY elk hunting this year and picked up decent tent earlier this year but also recently bought this stove from Cabelas. Pleasantly surprised. Heavy steel construction, solid fire door with nice air control. Legs that slide on to elevate off floor nicely. Can cook on flat top if had to. Stove pipe decent. Two drying racks that just slide into welded tubes. Sized enough that I think it will hold wood fire banked down for good part of night if needed. It is definitely not a backpack stove unless you are the "Rock" or similar build:D. Thought if anyone was looking for inexpensive stove that appears to be well made, this may fit your needs.
https://www.cabelas.com/product/Camp-Chef-Wall-Tent-Barrel-Stove-Kit/716016.uts?slotId=0

I've got one of these too. Nice well priced stove. Had mine for a couple years. It's done well. I cook on the flat top regularly and the side racks are nice for drying gloves and stuff quickly. Mine got a pretty good workout during antelope camp last year in WY. Instead of the typical warm antelope weather we got hit with a blizzard two days before. We set up camp in that blizzard and wind chill must have been 10. Got the 12x20 tent set up dad yelled get the stove going and it warmed right up in there. Burned it every night the rest of the week.

I've got one of these too. Nice well priced stove. Had mine for a couple years. It's done well. I cook on the flat top regularly and the side racks are nice for drying gloves and stuff quickly. Mine got a pretty good workout during antelope camp last year in WY. Instead of the typical warm antelope weather we got hit with a blizzard two days before. We set up camp in that blizzard and wind chill must have been 10. Got the 12x20 tent set up dad yelled get the stove going and it warmed right up in there. Burned it every night the rest of the week.
What where the lows for the temperatures? And what tent did you use?
We have a 12x20 cabelas alaknak tent, and wondering if that will work, or should I down to what temps it will work.

We have one of these wood stoves and use it in the 12x20 alaknak tents. Has worked great for temps down in the teens, which as cold as we have used it. But have no doubt it would have worked in even colder weather. Would have probably used more wood. The stove pipe where it attaches to the stove, I believe is 5 inches and it flairs to 6 inches at the top. The stove works very well with this pipe but if you use another type of pipe it doesn't draw near as well.

that stove kept us in underwear in a 12 x 14 wall tent with 5ft walls down in single digits. with good wood, we could keep the pipe cherry red almost all the way to the top. point being, it drafts well and put out good heat. fire box is large enough it will hold wood for a bit too.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.