?? Wonder if I made a bad choice

No but I do have milk jug that was full of water with lid on that had two tiny entrance holes amd two tiny exit holes…the milk jug didn't even move when shot. I have shot a hundred jugs and they have all exploded when hit….these bullets didn't even have budge the jug. Might as well be shooting FMJ
Lol... was your milk jug made of bullet resistant polycarbonate? Your story is bull****, an FMJ will still blow up a milk jug full of water, that's not opinion, that's scientific fact. Water doesnt compress so when you enclose it in a thin walled plastic container and shoot it with something going well over the speed of sound (Im assuming impact velocity at 300yds from a 300WM is well over 2000fps still, probably closer to 2500), it will tear the container apart because theres nowhere for the water to go as it is displaced by the bullet even if the bullet doesnt expand/tumble.

Sorry you missed your deer... happens to the best of us.

Also... ETA, watch the video FENIX posted of the slowmo FMJ into a gel block, then imagine instead of a stretchy block of gel sitting free on table you have that enclosed inside of thin hard plastic and tell me what you think will happen?

Last edited:
If you have to drill out the tips in order for them to perform as advertised, it's time to look at different options. That sounds absolutely ridiculous to have to do so that the berger expands. Heard to many issues with this bullet not expanding. Will never spend time drilling out the tip when I can simply find a round that performs.
That's like saying if uou have to trim brass, it's time to get new.

How did you come to that conclusion?
I did manage to tag out yesterday evening on this guy with same bullet and it did leave a devastating hole and deer dropped in his tracks…however I did aim at high shoulder.

Attachments

• 5C901B14-3097-47A5-ABCA-C8CF91E2AFD7.jpeg
    5C901B14-3097-47A5-ABCA-C8CF91E2AFD7.jpeg
    290.1 KB · Views: 92
What lesson? There's still zero evidence that he even hit the deer.
A quick recap on (my) lessons learned (maybe 😇).

1. People miss despite their claim.
2. Target bullets could leave a devastating hole in the game despite the pencil exit hole during the milk jug test.
3. Shot placement and selection works when hitting the game.
4. Murphy does not discriminate.
5. Not everybody eats humble pie.
6. The "NUT" behind the trigger remains the biggest factor.

Just my (an average hunter) 2-pence to ponder with. Cheers!

Theres one thing I've learned its hard to gag down humble pie because I've had too.
I hope the pencil through, target Berger naysayers learn a lesson DON' T ASSUME anything unless your there or see evidence.
Nobody's perfect and theres no perfect bullet either.

A quick recap on (my) lessons learned (maybe 😇).

1. People miss despite their claim.
2. Target bullets could leave a devastating hole in the game despite the pencil exit hole during the milk jug test.
3. Shot placement and selection works when hitting the game.
4. Murphy does not discriminate.
5. Not everybody eats humble pie.
6. The "NUT" behind the trigger remains the biggest factor.

Just my (an average hunter) 2-pence to ponder with. Cheers!
Yep, I had to swallow my pride and call a complete miss. However I was extremely satisfied and glad he showed back up on camera. Shot 100s of deer and that shot still today felt perfect, but the camera doesn't lie and it wasn't as perfect as my brain wants to think.