Women’s rifle and cartridge suggestion

I forgot to say, that in terms of a cartridge, 6.5 grendel would be a good low recoil choice for deer at reasonably short ranges. Certainly not what most would consider an elk cartridge, of course.

I m old school (and hard of hearing) but my rule of thumb is if I can't shoot a cartridge well due to recoil I ve got too big of a cartridge!! If I felt I needed more whomp and had to have it I d save my pennies personally and get a can. YMMV

My wife likes the fit of her Camilla. I could not talk her into the compact tikka.. We went with 6.5cm over .243 because she wants to kill an elk some day. Should have gone with .243..she is pretty recoil shy and the Camilla does not have good ergonomics for recoil. Lots of drop at the heel, short barrel with lots of muzzle blast. She mostly shoots sub sonic rounds to practice and hand load 110gr hammers to hunt with but even those she does not like the recoil.

My wife shoots a 26 nosler and loves it it's her go to she's building a 7 Sherman max as am I and she shopping for a 300 rum…..