Wolves poisoned in Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sugerbear it was directed at you and few others for one reason you obviously have no clue that hunting is not gonna reduce numbers been there doing that along time or you wouldn't have not made that statement.
Don't believe me look at the numbers Montana has shot every year and look how the wolf numbers have risen.
You have pine not the thick forest of cedar, hemlock and fir and you have obviously never been in one of those forests or you would know what I'm talking about. You keep talking about part of the ecosystem they were part of the ecosystem before 1995 and in the Federal government infinite wisdom dropped Canadien wolves in the middle of 20,000 elk and they did what predators do in that situation EXPLODED!! surprise surprise.
Here we are almost 30 years later and people are sick of it and you wanna condemn them for what the federal government created. What would some of you like everbody to wait another 30 years and just keep doing the same thing for another 30 years and expect a different result B.S. definition of that is insanity. I'm like bigngreen and others at this point I could give 2 sh%%% how the numbers get reduced ISNT THAT SUPPOSE TO BE THE GOAL!
Ranchers and the Majority of hunters have had enough, got any better ideas were all ears.

I cant say I'm upset in anyway ...its just terrible what the Wolves have done to the Hunting in Montana.
It's truly sad .

Rum Man
hmm has to be the wolves couldnt be 6 month seasons hunting bucks in the rut unlimited tags over crowding etc.
i ve lived here in montana for 50+ yrs we kill elk and deer every year in one of the most heavily infested wolf /grizzly zones in the state get out of the vehicle and HIKE you will find game, but i guess its easier to blame wolves
stfu

They are introducing them, in Colorado, soon ( the Libbie's will LIKE, that,.. Hunters, NOT so much ! ) NO one ever, seems to Learn from, Idaho & Montana's,.. mistakes !!! They've ate, almost ALL our Elk in Central Idaho and have swum the Snake River over, to Washington and Oregon for,.. Protection as, we have, a Limit of, 5 Wolves here, but SADLY, you gotta, SKIN them !
They are treated as,.. a "Big Game, Trophy",..
hmm they have huh? then explain why idaho elk population is GROWING and montanas seems to be stable over all please

The Guides that went BROKE, some of, the "good ole' boys" and Ranchers losing Stock / Dogs, etc. ( The SSS Crowd ) in Central Idaho, would cut the Collars OFF , put them in a Styrofoam Ice Chest then, Duct Taped the chest shut and Floated them down, a River so that, the "Tracker's" could see that, "they" were still,.. Moving ! We've LOST about, 60,000 Elk and the Limit on Wolves is NOW,..5 !!! As you can see, they are working out, real good, here AND,. The Elk hunting, in Central Idaho, STILL,.. sucks !
Definitely need better State Reps - those who are not Wolf Lovers.

Definitely need better State Reps - those who are not Wolf Lovers.
Its pretty tuff when you have a bunch of wolf loving commissioners and Region commissioners like we've had with the Bullock administration. Pretty funny you have individuals and groups like BHA who support these politicians then slam them how they manage game.

Status
Not open for further replies.