Wolves poisoned in Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang...I was near there in Febuary....if I'd only known some of those oversized coyotes were ready to play fetch...
And those 'poisoned ones'(the best of the lot)....probably found some garbage food from McDonalds.....
Bsides...less wolves..the less chance they eat a young Bigfoot in that country....
Naaaaaaaaw....I have it on good authority that Bigfoot moved his clan to Michigan and is now using the Alias...." MUDDYBOOTS"

Putting collars on dogs, in ice chests, trains, semis, etc all good but I know a better place to put them, without lube, and that's with the folks (Libs) that created the problem!! 👍

This issue was solved decades ago for a reason and those Trust Finders needed a purpose in life so they started the problem all over! JMO

Wait...do you really live in Pennsylvania, like your profile says? Those Pennsylvania wolves been giving you a lot of trouble? I have multiple packs within 20 miles of my house. I didn't realize they made it that far east.
I figured you lived in the city. I do live in Pennsylvania and no they haven't made it this far YET. We have coy wolves here and they came from Michigan without the help of city dwellers and wolves will do the same. Wolves need to be managed by the state wildlife service not do gooders from the city or Washington. I'm guessing you are a transplant from New York or California?

I cant say I'm upset in anyway ...its just terrible what the Wolves have done to the Hunting in Montana.
It's truly sad .

Rum Man
AMEN to that. I have heard of videos of wolves taking down a pregnant cow elk just to rip out the fetus and leave the cow to rot. They kill stock for fun and pets like it is a video game. About six or seven years ago a rancher lost 50 sheep to wolves in one night in west central Montana.

The original target was like 30 breeding pairs in the yellowstone park. Now there is many times that number and when I pass thru every year I hardly ever see a moose and elk sightings are even getting rare. If they had stuck to the original plan, everything would have balanced out. Now there are wolves scattered over most of the western states and the feds are doing nothing. They need to let the individual states police the numbers.

...Land areas are not "glass aquariums" with defined impenetrable boundaries. Wolves will naturally expand their ranges and its lunacy to think we can "manage" any free ranging population animal under any circumstance.

I tried to explain this to everyone I knew before the vote here in Colorado. I managed to change one person's mind before the vote. All I told her was to actually research the impact to game herds and ranchers in the other states. She came back a day later and said 'no way'. I changed a few other minds, too, but that was after they'd already voted yes.

We ran into CPW in unit 3 just after the vote and they said the wolves in unit 2 were crossing back and forth between CO and WY and they were being shot in WY. Apparently, folks were going right there to shoot them after the news broke that the pack was there. The CPW officers were deer hunters and were quite happy about it. I hunted in unit 2 last year and never saw sign of wolves.

Now, a few months back there is a pack around Walden that has killed two cows, maimed another and killed a couple ranch dogs all on the same ranch. It's the first proven wolf depredation in CO in way more than 50 years.

Hunters didn't do a very good job about getting the message out before the vote. I mean, I changed minds of a few folks, albeit too late, who are not hunters but city dwellers.

Last edited:
A good reason for NM Game & Fish to deny the existence of wolves is once they are here NM is habitat for them and then has to be managed for them. I wish I could trap a large pack and let them loose on the Washington Mall and in Central park. If the idiots making the decisions had to live with them, they would stop the nonsense. Deer hunting in NM has declined dramatically since they introduced the Mexican Gray wolf. Probably just coincidence.

Wait...do you really live in Pennsylvania, like your profile says? Those Pennsylvania wolves been giving you a lot of trouble? I have multiple packs within 20 miles of my house. I didn't realize they made it that far east.
Yeah its crazy how fast they can travel. They say one of the fastest land Mammals is the Cheetah. Topping out around 70mph.....couple states in two days! These new non-native invasive species wolves.....suckers travel 500-600mph and cross a state in less than two hours. Thats why all the Farmers, Ranchers, Fisherman, really hate and try to keep invasive species out of their area. The Feds and states used to want them all out....now they kinda get woke selective to really help with the wolves feelings. Proven invasive non-native species can do crazy things to the ecosystem and ruin and or even eliminate it.

They are introducing them, in Colorado, soon ( the Libbie's will LIKE, that,.. Hunters, NOT so much ! ) NO one ever, seems to Learn from, Idaho & Montana's,.. mistakes !!! They've ate, almost ALL our Elk in Central Idaho and have swum the Snake River over, to Washington and Oregon for,.. Protection as, we have, a Limit of, 5 Wolves here, but SADLY, you gotta, SKIN them !
They are treated as,.. a "Big Game, Trophy",..
They are already there. Had a pack near camp in the Zerkles fall of 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.