• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Wolfeel15

No joy here. My Insurance company sent me a check via USPS(snail mail) from Tampa ( 5 hour drive) and it took 25 days until they stopped payment and tried again. After 2 more attempts with same result and my screaming at them they sent it FedEx overnight.
Lessons learned:
-Am dropping this 3 letter insurance company
-No hope for the Useless State Postal Service.
-Bring back the Pony Express..

LOL Tommy

I bought and paid for some bullets on this forum...They shipped feb.5 then on Feb.9 next trac update said in transit,arriving late...contacted usps my end march 8... Alaska..and they couldn't find anything...said seller would have to make claim on his end Illinois..I e-mailed that info to seller..yesterday,,no joy today will give more time to respond....so here I sit no bullets and out $118.00..any thoughts?...Al
Yes, for a year now the postal service has been very overwelmed and short handed. Their excuse is loosing help to the virus. I think they also can't get help because some do not want to work for the postal service. We here in New Hampshire have been experiencing delays of weeks in shipping for over a year now. It got really bad as we aproched the Christmass holidays. Many things that shipped through the postal service did not get delivered till after Christmass and some not till after new years. UPS and Fedx has been no different.

I bought and paid for some bullets on this forum...They shipped feb.5 then on Feb.9 next trac update said in transit,arriving late...contacted usps my end march 8... Alaska..and they couldn't find anything...said seller would have to make claim on his end Illinois..I e-mailed that info to seller..yesterday,,no joy today will give more time to respond....so here I sit no bullets and out $118.00..any thoughts?...Al
Sorry to hear of your predicament. IMHO, big mistake using USPS for anything of importance. Tracking function is a joke. Have taken incompetence to new level even for government function always blaming COVID. Took 4 weeks to get a small package from Chicago to St. Louis. Tracking showed in arriving THREE times at St. Louis Distribution Center....then started showing into system at Chicago and moving through system. Statements and payments were delivered late or complete MIA no shows. Started paying all bills on line....saved $0,55 each bill, kept money in my money market days longer (not that cash is worth anything today), and I get confirmation numbers of payment, and actually takes less time to pay than writing checks, no trips to PO to mail. I don't have mailbox in front of any of my residences to collect the junk mail when I'm traveling telling thieves."No one home." Never could get PO to quit delivering junk mail. PO said to put "vacation hold" when gone. All my LEO friends say that is great way to get your home broken into. Do no business with PO which I can avoid. Still get magazines etc at secure location without connection to my home address.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of your predicament. IMHO, big mistake using USPS for anything of importance. Tracking function is a joke. Have taken incompetence to new level even for government function always blaming COVID. Took 4 weeks to get a small package from Chicago to St. Louis. Tracking showed in arriving THREE times at St. Louis Distribution Center....then started showing into system at Chicago and moving through system. Statements and payments were delivered late or complete MIA no shows. Started paying all bills on line....saved $0,55 each bill, kept money in my money market days longer (not that cash is worth anything today), and I get confirmation numbers of payment, and actually takes less time to pay than writing checks, no trips to PO to mail. I don't have mailbox in front of any of my residences to collect the junk mail when I'm traveling telling thieves."No one home." Never could get PO to quit delivering junk mail. PO said to put "vacation hold" when gone. All my LEO friends say that is great way to get your home broken into. Do no business with PO which I can avoid. Still get magazines etc at secure location without connection to my home address.
YUP! I have had that happen too! Check it and it's on it's way from Nashua, NH. Next update, it's in Coneccticut! Then back to Nashua? ***!

I've had a few issues lately with shipping and receiving items. Sometimes they arrive quickly and sometimes it's taking more than a week or two. Now I can tell you on some packages you can tell where they have tried and tamper with it. A few months ago my bud sent a couple of handguns to Jack Huntington and it was shipped FedEx and someone ripped the corner of the box and managed to pullout one of the handguns and retaped it and shipped it as such. So I made it a point to tape it up well and take pictures before shipping.

Living in Canada, Canadians in the know will never use UPS.
If the seller will not ship USPS I will cancel the order.
I have had the seller tell me they are shipping USPS and mistakenly it comes UPS I will refuse the order
when delivered.
Even the UPS driver says he agrees with me. The additional fees that they charge sometimes are more than the item cost.

I could tell you multiple horror stories about the USPS. The past 6 months have been horrible with them. It took over a month to get a money order that was mailed Priority Mail. I've had multiple packages get stuck at a "hub" for weeks with no updates. You call USPS and thats a waste of time. Nobody knows anything. The only thing that seems to get a package moving, is to complete the missing package search on their website. Maybe a coincidence, but it has worked wonderfully on three different occasions. Within 2-3 days of completing the search inquiry, the package will start moving again. Just my experience. I do a lot of buying/trading online.

Give it time. Patience. I've had items take 2-3 months this last year. No updates on the tracker. Just says 'in transit - arriving later than expected' Then one day, BAM, it's moving again.

Agree, it sux to wait after you've paid. It'll get there. Eventually.

Not firearm related, but I recently renewed my passport, paid to expedite and to expedite and track return to me. Of course the State Department uses USPS, tracked and signature required, with a tracking number.

I received an update that the package had been delivered and signed for. It was not in my mailbox. I immediately filed a claim and within 2 hours the local postmaster was in touch with me. The next day the passport was delivered for real, but there was never an explanation for why they falsified the delivery with signature the first time.

I believe the USPS is doing whatever they can to make their on-time delivery numbers look good, including falsifying delivery statistics. I also believe that this goes from the bottom to the top of the organization. Anyone who has had to go physically to a post office to ship or pick up mail knows that they are stuck in the 1950s for procedures and technology. At least you can always count on surly customer service.

Last edited:
I bought some stuff from Midway January 23. Shipped January 25 USPS. Tracking says intransit with no updates since January 29.
Emailed Midway 2 days ago and they responded within 24 hours and refunded my account. Would rather have the items.
You gave up too soon: I bought a small item from Midway and UPS kept me posted on the progress. It arrived in Tulsa in 2 days, and they turned it over to USPS for delivery (go figure!!). Five days later, it arrived at my home in Tulsa.

Last edited: