Wolf War Round 2

HARPERC

I just received an e-mail update from Big Game Forever, a group formed principally to stop the decimation of big game herds by wolves.
Your Federal Government has caught it's breath, and is positioning itself to spend your money to introduce Mexican Grey wolves into the Southwest. Utah, Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, and California.
Senator Orrin Hatch has issued a statement in opposition, too lengthy too retype, and my skills are not sufficient to share the link. Subscribing to Big Game Forever cost me nothing, and I only hear from them if they have something to say, consider giving them a look. BignGreen posted a link to Crying Wolf, that had a free one hour video well worth the time. Representatives of the "uninvolved" states will need to be supportive to stop this. It's time again to pressure any sportsman's groups you may belong too.
If your bucket list includes a big game hunt in any of these states please act, or at least be informed enough to counter lies told in your presence.
Thank you for reading this far.

You are correct, and last week (could be a bit more) the Mexican government placed a few on the border. My understanding is the transplants mentioned are considered to have failed to establish a resident populations, or meet the "goals" of USFWS. Speculation is, due to low numbers, and high resistance from residents (SSS) this transplant never really took hold. Folks on the ground there chime in if I'm wrong.
The "new effort" calls for much higher placement numbers, and recovery goals, especially beginning in south and central Utah.
I'll visit the sources you listed, thank you, and anything else you might have.
As for being behind, yes I am. I got behind when the first Canadians Wolves were transplanted into Yellowstone and Idaho. I got behind thinking the initial stated goals were a sincere agreement. I'm trying not to make the same mistake twice.
I really do appreciate your input. Thanks Carl

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.