Wolf Tags available in Idaho

Well my friend you're not wrong, but give credit where it's due, even confused they are effective. Effective at confusing other people up to and including Judges. Like most of the others following this thread I'm holding my breath until Molloy rules. Anyway-proud to be sharing time with folks that don't believe they have to allow predators 2 legs or 4, foreign or domestic attack them or theirs, or make up some BS excuse for the misunderstood critter after the fact.

I don't suppose you'd be willing to share that file? :)
I don't know how Gone Ballistic will answer, and I'm not very geek squad qualified, and assume every one knows what I know about the Internet, and then some, but it occurs to me you might not know Foxpro has a pretty good wesite. You can listen to their sound files, and download from there. I'm not sure what devices you can download to, but they've got all kind of critter noises. If you're exploring your options it's a good start.

I won't have any problems finding all the sounds, but if the one he is talking about of his dog and her pups works really well then I'd like to have it in my line-up of sounds to use.

If he has the file and is willing to share it out, it should be as easy as emailing it and at that point I could even put it up on the net for others if he is ok with that.

I'm almost thinking I'll build my own e-caller to start out. The foxpro ones look great but are quite spendy. I found how to make one from this page: Varmint Al's Hunting Page and it was referenced from this youtube video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mye0NEa1B1Q]‪CHEAP-E CALLER‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Parts should be less than $50 and should produce loud enough sounds to work fairly well.

sdkidaho
sounds like you've got things lined out, I hope you fill 2 tags early season and 2 more after the first of the year!

I've got a couple cheapy MP3 players on the way, and my local Radio Shack has the rest of the parts in stock so I'll stop by there after work and buy the rest. Still hoping GB makes a showing and wants to share his file. I'll be glad to test it out here shortly. :D

I just got a muzzle brake put on my .300 WSM and am getting some loads worked up for it now. Really looking forward to seeing some wolves. I'd really like to wait until a month or so after the snow flies so they are into their nice winter coat, but man... I just don't know if I'll be able to take it that long and not go looking for them and shoot on sight!

I know, I know... it's more than likely that most of us won't even see any but that's why they call it hunting and not killing!

It's not fancy looking like the Foxpro e-callers, but it is LOUD. Took about 5 minutes to make and it only took that long because I had to solder on a connector to the horn:

E-Caller

MP3 player: White 4GB USB Flash Memory Drive MP3 WMA Music Player | eBay
**Bought 2 at $9.97, free shipping

-------------------------

4x6" 50-Watt Indoor/Outdoor Powerhorn
Model: 40-1440, in stock, $24.99

Mini Audio Amplifier
Model: 277-1008, in stock, $14.99

12-Inch Shielded Stereo Audio Cable
Model: 42-2497, in stock, $6.29

1/8" Phone Plug (2-Pack)
Model: 274-287, in stock, $3.19

Needs one 9V battery and one AAA battery to function.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.