Wolf Hunting... which state is BEST???

The Canadian Tundra Wolves, need to be Listed as,. VARMINTS, just like,.. the Coyote !
NOT, a stinking,.. "Trophy Animal" that, you HAVE to, Skin !
But, the Fed's LOVE these things, so that, they CAN, piszz AWAY,.. YOUR Tax Dollars ( Yes the Fed's STILL, Hunt/ Trap them and Payoff, the Farmers / Ranchers for, losses ).

Last edited:
5 tags to shoot, 5 tags to trap, but the state has raised that limit and I dont know number.
Some guys that have alot free time they are doing good in N. Idaho

New Law in Idaho allows for unlimited shooting of wolves in Idaho. The packs have increased to about 1800 wolves. Not enough people are actively hunting wolves in Idaho.
You can see the Idaho rules at: https://idfg.idaho.gov/rules/big-game

The FEDS assured the extinction of the native wolves in Idaho with their introduction of the Canadian Wolves.
Remind me again what province Idaho borders? Of all the arguments against wolves the one about some kind of Canadian super wolves seems to be the least accepted by science. The original transplants to Yellowstone came from BC. They had been making their way here on their own. We were seeing them before the introduction in YNP. There is no evidence to support claims that these wolves are any different from what was historically here.

Remind me again what province Idaho borders? Of all the arguments against wolves the one about some kind of Canadian super wolves seems to be the least accepted by science. The original transplants to Yellowstone came from BC. They had been making their way here on their own. We were seeing them before the introduction in YNP. There is no evidence to support claims that these wolves are any different from what was historically here.
There was a PILE of evidence including the general knowledge of multiple packs, it did not fit the needed narrative so any and all of the data and those apposed to the introduced wolves we're quickly done away with. I worked for an ID biologist at the time that predicted all that has happened. Ya, we'd see some larger wolves travel down through this area but they moved through, covering huge miles, the local native packs kept to very small areas and much smaller packs which wasn't working for the powers to be, they weren't aggressive enough nor breed fast enough, there were plenty of wolves here prior to the introduction!!

There was a PILE of evidence including the general knowledge of multiple packs, it did not fit the needed narrative so any and all of the data and those apposed to the introduced wolves we're quickly done away with. I worked for an ID biologist at the time that predicted all that has happened. Ya, we'd see some larger wolves travel down through this area but they moved through, covering huge miles, the local native packs kept to very small areas and much smaller packs which wasn't working for the powers to be, they weren't aggressive enough nor breed fast enough, there were plenty of wolves here prior to the introduction!!
Where is it written? I've read a bunch of the literature on them and the reintroduction. I have never seen anything indicating that there were two subspecies. The way they're described in Lewis and Clark's journals sure sound exactly like what we're dealing with. I'm on your side but I don't think that there's ground to stand on with this part of the argument. They keep popping up all over the state in places extremely geographically separated, like White Sulphur Springs, Glasgow… It's not like their capability to move around is a recent development.

Where is it written? I've read a bunch of the literature on them and the reintroduction. I have never seen anything indicating that there were two subspecies. The way they're described in Lewis and Clark's journals sure sound exactly like what we're dealing with. I'm on your side but I don't think that there's ground to stand on with this part of the argument. They keep popping up all over the state in places extremely geographically separated, like White Sulphur Springs, Glasgow… It's not like their capability to move around is a recent development.
Everything has been buried deep, I know of a couple biologist that have personal papers but everything submitted is gone and those who don't tow the line get silenced. To those who were aware of and around the native wolves know there is a difference, the introduced wolves are nothing like the native ones that were here, 25 years ago we could tell the difference between a native and a northern wolf wandering through.

Not sure it's the same subspecies but in the Catskills my Grandmother's brother was in a paper killing a wolf. It quoted him as describing the wolf as a separate variety than the timber wolves they had at the time.

I saw the article and tried figuring out what type it was. I found a lot of papers dismissing two varieties in NE NY. There aren't any left to my knowledge and haven't been since the 50's ish.

Recently saw hair tested from an old hide proved there was a separate species and praising the Biologists for discovering it. Our prior generations seemed to know more than they get credit for.

We had the wolf here in NWMT, and I'm spitting distance from Canada. Same wolfs, just they have taken over.Diann Boyd stayed in are family cabin as a college student doing here thesis, on the border, was there for years and lived up there after.She was reg.1 head wolf expert for years and years til recent retirement.Those wolfs have wiped out my hunting in great bear wilderness, I can cover many miles and no tracks of game .This season rifle I have not seen a elk or mule deer there. I use to score trophy type animals yearly.

Science shows that animals of the same species grow larger in northern climates.
Compare Saskatchewan & Alberta whitetail deer to the whitetail deer in southern states. < Same species they just evolve more robust, same with wolves according to biologists. Southwestern states Coues deer, southeastern, U.S. swamp deer 80-90lbs. .
The genetics implanted into the states come from wolves that tended to have higher pack numbers and took down larger game.
Native Idaho wolves likely lived more-so on deer/elk fawns/antelope/etc. whereas the Canadian genetics took down moose/buffalo/elk/caribou and defended their kills from grizzly bears.

It has been reported that one , or some of the original re-introduction had some males that approached 180 pounds.