Wolf Hunting... which state is BEST???

Well Idaho has the most wolves and nearly yearlong seasons so it would probably be at the top of my list (outside of AK of course). People might disagree with me because a lot of Idaho's wolves are hard to access, especially in the winter, and the northern part of the state is very densely wooded in wolf country, which understandably makes shooting them more difficult. But my response would be that MT and WY wolves like thick, hard to access country as well. Also, I wouldn't recommend using harvest rates to judge a state for a few reasons.
Success rates are low but finding a wolf is possible!

My cross-hairs have been focused on Idaho as the main target for wolves, and probably MT as the next one... but I'm sure there is enough territory in Idaho to keep a guy busy enough without the need to venture to another one.... but it's good to have another option. Hopefully a tough winter will bring them down lower as they follow the game animals. It's going to be interesting... a real learning curve for sure.

Michigan isn't in any way in the running but just want to comment on wolves and the wolf hunting here. They had one wolf season a few years ago here. The dates were in December and the hunting was tough. I think they sold over 100 tags but they had a much lower target number for harvest. Whoever killed up to that target number used their tags. Once that number was taken, the hunt was over. I think they killed single digit wolf numbers in that 2-4 week period. If they would have opened the wolf season during the firearm deer season, they would have probably made the number they wanted to harvest. Many more hunters in the woods and more wolves around with bait piles out for deer to feed on. Wolves hunt those bait piles like firearm deer hunters do. I see wolves every year when I'm deer hunting. Doubt I'd see any during December. I guess my point is, season dates really make a difference in hunting wolves here in my state.

How many wolves do they let you shoot in Idaho?

Is there a good way to double team wolf and bear there? Been contemplating something like this, I'm a caller, hand calls too, no electronic, but it means I'd like to stay out of Griz country as the legal hassle of a defense of life shoot would bankrupt me.

Hoping they open wolves back up here in MN, DNR has us way over their targeted population goals, it would make sense.