Wolf hunt

Ron... I just happen to have some of that powder, and will try that load.... does it come with a guaranteed wolf at the end??
Dan- idaho is real hunting. hiking 7 to 8 miles one way into the wilderness and back on snowshoes. my guide in canada you would have better odds with but we can't go there yet

Dan- idaho is real hunting. hiking 7 to 8 miles one way into the wilderness and back on snowshoes. my guide in canada you would have better odds with but we can't go there yet
Alberta and BC allow baits, increasing odds to manageable.

I don't look for the border to open anytime soon.

You are correct Ron... it will be and could be a CHALLENGE... maybe bigger than I want... but a guy just has to try.... doesn't he??????

That is okay about the border because I don't have any interest in sitting over a bait anyways.... but thanks for the heads up. But I would sit over a fresh kill in a heart beat.

I'd take a bait pile without objection. It's much the same as a winter kill carcass, just much easier to find.
Alaska has predator control units where airplane hunting of wolves is allowed. Shooting with buckshot from fixed wing airplanes.

If baiting was legal, I'd be a happy shooter. As the goal is to kill'em. Of course, I trapped them for a number of years, so any legal means to improve my odds of success was employed, and slept very well. Tried to make it easier, versus harder.

Dan- i could have already saved 30-40k if i would shoot a lion out of a tree instead of call it. i understand. i have been to idaho, wyo and montana. very nice.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts