Wolf caliber and round?

I have a back up wolf rifle that I think I have about 1200 into it. It's a really nice lightweight rifle it just isn't as compact because it's on a traditional stock I said it up with a Arca swiss rail so I can shoot it off my tripod. In this photo I am shooting the 800 plate which is a 10 x 10
4B720917-196B-433B-8F10-676BC33ACD74.jpeg

That is sweet, I could live with that as well.

Honey.... you can put your appliances back.... for now.

I have two of those bass pro specials, savage 12 fv rifles in 6.5 creedmoor just sitting here doing nothing that I could turn one of them into something better.... or ... my savage 22-243AI is wicked accurate right now... and I could pull the barrel and screw on a 6.5 PRC so that i could shoot a higher BC bullet... and shoot it a lot more than the 22. But it's just feels better to start fresh with something really serious... as long as it's really serious with hunting in mind... not just targets or steel.

I know one thing for sure.... I'm NOT going to be sitting here on the computer during the months of Jan and Feb... No Sir... I'm going to be heading West with the hopes of shooting critters while going around knocking on doors handing out late Christmas Cookies....LOL.

Daniel

I get what you are saying about thanking landowners, but you might want to call before showing up on a door step. With Covid there are a lot of people, especially older folks, who are reluctant to have strangers close up. Others not bothered at all, but the phone call will tell you who is comfortable seeing you. Hope uyou have great luck finding varmints to shoot while you are out there.

Well Dean.... I wasn't thinking about literally banging on doors with cookies in hand, because I never did do well as a girl scout cookie seller...even though I did love the girl scouts themselves...LOL. I was thinking more about keeping my ears open and talking to locals... sportsmen... or Gov people about what to do... where to do it... and how to do it best for any kind of hope for success. thanks for the Tip and wise safety precautions, because I do plan on keeping a distance between Covid concerned people.... at least 6 feet....LOL.

Great kills Brent... were those part of the 400 yd shots that you mentioned in another post?

PS... I'm going to have one of those same hero pictures as well, someday soon.
No. These were 300. I hit a 3rd but lost it. Tracked it a long way and must have just fleshed it. You might be referencing the ones in the meadow I ambushed. I set up on a ledge above them and watched for about an hour. There was a large alpha I wanted to shoot but got antsy and decided to take what I could. I made a lot of mistakes actually on that one. Should have waited, should have been more patient after the shots as I called the whole freaking pack back and had already moved and was in a bad spot to get more shots off.......