Wolf caliber and round?

To answer the question any thing used to take predators works. A wolf is 2x the size of a yote but they are still thin skinned and small boned. Due to the longer distances I encounter with wolves I prefer a higher bc bullet in 6 and 6.5 to fight wind etc. I just happened to kill 10 with a 6.5 147 gr eld, 1 with a 135 a tip, 1 with a 150 308, 1 with a 180 308. 2 with a 460 grain arrow. To me the 6mm seems to have about everything a person needs tho. Good bullet selection, light recoil, decent speed for flat shooting, and fur friendly. If you hunt in thick country with closer shots a 20-22 cal would be good. I'd bet very happy using my 204 on a wolf

.204 story on a wolf.......local rancher along the mountain front had his .204 in the pickup and saw a female wolf, put a bead on her with the 32 grain hornady bullet and dropped her on the [email protected] yards..WOW. I wouldn't recommend it, but it worked, hit her right through the ribs, heart area. Most females here are 55-80 #'s largest one I have heard of was 94# caught by local trapper, she was an Amazon! :oops: I would rather have the 39 grain SBK in...;)

To answer the question any thing used to take predators works. A wolf is 2x the size of a yote but they are still thin skinned and small boned. Due to the longer distances I encounter with wolves I prefer a higher bc bullet in 6 and 6.5 to fight wind etc. I just happened to kill 10 with a 6.5 147 gr eld, 1 with a 135 a tip, 1 with a 150 308, 1 with a 180 308. 2 with a 460 grain arrow. To me the 6mm seems to have about everything a person needs tho. Good bullet selection, light recoil, decent speed for flat shooting, and fur friendly. If you hunt in thick country with closer shots a 20-22 cal would be good. I'd bet very happy using my 204 on a wolf
300 win mag works fine to