Witt Machine Clamp on Muzzle Brake

Why break a Creedmoor?? No need to destroy that barrel unless you're setting up for a can. If your guide has horses, they don't like muzzle brakes any way. The noise of a muzzle brake is a freaking nuisance.
Simply because it is a personal choice, an effective muzzle brake serves two purposes, a reduction in felt recoil and a reduction in muzzle rise. The latter is often overlooked. That's why you see muzzle devices on .22 LRs and air rifles.

I put one on my model 70 feather weight 06. Worked great but the thing is a monstrosity!! Looks like it belongs on a Barrett 50 cal..... made the gun front heavy.

Simply because it is a personal choice, an effective muzzle brake serves two purposes, a reduction in felt recoil and a reduction in muzzle rise. The latter is often overlooked. That's why you see muzzle devices on .22 LRs and air rifles.
I've got a big slab brake on my ar. 55 gr noslers. Gun doesn't move. ITS A RIOT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS DOWN RANGE! LOL

I've put one on my Tikka T3 270 WSM but haven't shot it yet. One of my concerns is with galling of the two metal surfaces with the heated barrel. Did anyone use anti-seize or similar when putting the muzzle brake on the barrel?
I use one on the same rifle. Makes a serious difference! Just follow the instructions that come with it. You won't have any metal issues if you do.

I've been doing research on braking my Tikka T3x 6.5 Creedmoor and honestly not crazy about cutting off barrel length getting it threaded. I see the Witt clamp on brake has good reviews. I am going to get the exact measurements and place an order.
Anyone here got first hand experience with then Witt clamp on brake?
I have 2 Witt clamp-on brakes; one is a 300 Win mag, the other is a 270 Win. There have been no issues with either, They do the job, but I do not have experience w/other brakes, so I am unable to compare.

FWIW: I have 2 Witt's brakes on my AR's and they work great BUT personally, I wouldn't put one on a slim sportier-type barrel for aesthetic reasons....they are pretty bulky and unsightly.

Spend the extra money to have your barrel threaded and choose a screw in brake.

I have one on my hog rifle Remington model four 30-06. the fit is great and so is the effect. The first one I ordered was not delivered by the PO. Witt replaced it free of charge. Three cheers for Witt.

Why break a Creedmoor?? No need to destroy that barrel unless you're setting up for a can. If your guide has horses, they don't like muzzle brakes any way. The noise of a muzzle brake is a freaking nuisance.
MJ, I'm with you on the noise level of MB's. I hunt without hearing protection and my shots usually don't afford the time to don earplugs. I can see the usefulness at the range as my 300 WM carries a punch but will continue to hunt without a break.

I wish I started hinting with e muffs years ago. Best thing I did was start using them. I can hear deer get up when I'm tracking them. I don't have any ringing if I get a shot and the use of or non use of a break doesn't matter. If you shoot without hearing pro with a break you are not too bright

I wish I started hinting with e muffs years ago. Best thing I did was start using them. I can hear deer get up when I'm tracking them. I don't have any ringing if I get a shot and the use of or non use of a break doesn't matter. If you shoot without hearing pro with a break you are not too bright
That goes with or without a muzzle brake.

I have one on a Sporter barrel Tikka 6.5 you know... They do work very good but are pretty ugly on a thin barrel. Spend the money on the Tikka barrel and do it right.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.