Witt Machine Clamp on Brake

Alberta Wexit

Any shooter that have used Witt Machine clamp on muzzle brake. Finally got mine in mail this week. No instructions. Wondering on use of Lock Tite for screws and torque specifications. have emailed them but it is the weekend. Any info would be appreciated.

I have one used blue loc tite but I can't find the torque settings. If you google the screw size torque that should get you there. Saw were 25 inch pounds was used.

YouTube, HAS a few good posts showing, how to do it.
I like the 2 Witts, on my Varmint Guns ( a .22-250 and a 6 XC ) They help with, the muzzle Jump and about, 30- 35% less Recoil.
DE-Grease and Blue Loctite, the end of, Bbl and Screws as stated and TIGHTEN, the piszz outta them screws ( don't strip, threads tho ! ) There's been, NO "movement" on my Brakes,.. so far !
My .22-250 is showing me, exploded, Flying, Sage Rat parts with, 50 grain Bullets ( down loaded, a Tiny Bit ! ).
Be SURE to "Level" the Brake with, the Muzzle, as shown in the Vid.

Last edited:
YouTube, HAS a few good posts showing, how to do it.
I like the 2 Witts, on my Varmint Guns ( a .22-250 and a 6 XC ) They help with, the muzzle Jump and about, 30- 35% less Recoil.
DE-Grease and Blue Loctite, the end of, Bbl and Screws as stated and TIGHTEN, the piszz outta them screws ( don't strip, threads tho ! ) There's been, NO "movement" on my Brakes,.. so far !
My .22-250 is showing me, exploded, Flying, Sage Rat parts with, 50 grain Bullets ( down loaded, a Tiny Bit ! ).
Be SURE to "Level" the Brake with, the Muzzle, as shown in the Vid.
Just don't use JB WELD!

308 270x2 7mag and 6.5 creed. 25-30in/lbs I put blue Loctite on the 308 barrel the rest I didn't. newest is 2 years old all have over 50rds the 7mag 306 and 6.5 have 100+, 1150, and 400+ collectively. No issues with accuracy and no loosening at all. The plus is you do not run the risk of the barrel flaring at the muzzle from threading.

308 270x2 7mag and 6.5 creed. 25-30in/lbs I put blue Loctite on the 308 barrel the rest I didn't. newest is 2 years old all have over 50rds the 7mag 306 and 6.5 have 100+, 1150, and 400+ collectively. No issues with accuracy and no loosening at all. The plus is you do not run the risk of the barrel flaring at the muzzle from threading.

Thank you! Very informative.

Got mine put on this week and all I can say is WOW I'm impressed. Recoil reduction of at least 50%. POI did shift about 1" high. Did lose about 25fps though, that has me scratching my head though.

Recent Posts