With the big game hunting season winding down...

Jcub

Has anyone heard, read, or want to share any new developments in the Accubond Long Range bullets and how they have performed on game? Trying to decide if the 150 gr .284 are worth it, or stick with the Accubond.

They must not have been all they were cracked up to be, seeing as no one has anything to say about them.

just my $0.02. I think all Nosler bullets are over priced. I do know that they work in some peoples guns though. I just stay away from them all together, but then, hey if the Accubonds work for you, it doesn't cost much to buy 50 of them.

Stayed with the regular 140 ab's this year as I had a couple of hundred rounds worth of groups proving their worth in my stw. I brought a box of 150 ablr's with, but couldn't bring myself to move the sights and use them. I just haven't put enough of them through my bbl. to prove them yet.

As to cost, you get what you pay for to a point. Some pills are just over priced, but I don't think the ab's are for the most part. Sierra and Hornady are better value (and I shoot a BUNCH of them) but the Nosler offerings shoot very well in my stw. I'll pay the piper for a 1/2 moa rifle shooting 140 grain pills with nearly a .500 bc at 3400 fps with the bullets actually holding together when I pop a critter with them.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.