With a Remington 700, with horus scope

knapper

I am building up another rifle that will be for my own use and not really for sale..

Remington 700 BDL, 300 win mag, Bartlien, barrel, 5R, 30 inch... Mounted on a
Bell & Carlson Tactical Medalist style 5 fully adjustable.. SKU 2098-02..

To start with, there will be no muzzle break till after that barrel is broken in at
around 40 to 50 rounds and then evaluated to my taste and accuracy of the rifle.

I will be running (exclusively) NORMA Brass, Winchester large magnum primers,
Berger 185 gr. bullet. powder will be Alliant 22..

As to the scope.. I want to try the HORUS system and I am looking toward the
H37, or the H25?? I am leaning toward the H25

Any and all comments are welcome

Knapper

Has anyone had any experience with the HORUS SYSTEM scopes??

I sure would like some feed back concerning the H25 reticle and the H27 reticle??

knapper

I use an H59 reticle for ballistic work only because I often need to hold off large windage values. The field of view is too cluttered for my taste. Hard to see impacts half the time. You will want the muzzle brake. Use the search key to find the usual friendly debate about Horus reticles. For hunting, I would go with the H25 over the others - less cluttered and easier to see at low mag and in low light.

Last edited:
Bruce;

I really enjoyed your reply to my quest for information..

I did look up and read the HORUS info on the H59 and was concerned as you were
about the clutter on the bottom half of the scope screen and that is the area that is needed for the hold over and dwelling on that thought!!! I will take another look at my first choice of H37 and the H25???

There IS a lot of clutter in both of them but less in the H25 but shorter range but
down to the range of 90% of my shooting anyway... A coyote is **** hard to hit after you get over 1200 yards?? There is very little room for error.. I sure wish there was a way to take about 1/2 dozen of those scopes out to a range for a 5 shot group with a paper full size target of one??

knapper

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.