Wish me luck bedding new scope

bluedog69

Well this is my first scope bed job. Carnauba car wax on scope. 3 coats. Wax on wax off. Using plain old JB weld. How long to leave in before popping loose? 5 hours then trim extra with knife? 24 hours?

Wish this wasn't a Meostar R2. :eek:

Pics of prep.
07181B83-B10F-44D7-8F46-269186AC5954.jpeg
2A74FA68-5847-4D54-AE45-E5A350F1D67F.jpeg

Sure hope the guys on YouTube know what they were talking about!!!! :oops:
603C281E-9F38-4D86-8D36-739308D1B40B.jpeg
I went ahead and lined it up on the kitchen counter top about 15' away. If she is stuck at least it will be as level as I had it before.

View attachment 288452I went ahead and lined it up on the kitchen counter top about 15' away. If she is stuck at least it will be as level as I had it before.
It will work fine, make sure to use some sort of rubber tubing around the stock and scope to keep pressure on it instead of tape. That's the only thing I started doing on the recommendation of a guy that has been around the block a time or two.

Liddy

JB weld, eh I'd use blue lock tite. We're you having issues?
No issues. Haven't even shot a box with this new scope and rifle has only had about 26 rounds through it.
Just been researching and bedded my one piece rail and made sure the rail was straight. Picture the rings being attached to a rail and then flexing the rail up in the middle or down in the middle. This will put the rings out of alignment with each other. This in turn will put pressure on scope.

There are four places have to be perfect to be torque free. The top of rifle machined perfect. The rail perfect to the rifle. The rail to the rings and then the rings to the scope.

Just thought I would try it. One guy said he bedded his twelve years ago and has never had to mess with it since and he shoots out to 1000.

What is the reason too do this I've never had too bed a scope there's got too be a alternative too what you are trying too achieve
One way to do it. I bedded all of mine.

It will work fine, make sure to use some sort of rubber tubing around the stock and scope to keep pressure on it instead of tape. That's the only thing I started doing on the recommendation of a guy that has been around the block a time or two.

Liddy
I had that thought but worried I might squeeze to much out. I babysat this for about an hour. Tightening tape to keep scope level. I did wipe off some excess. It kept producing a little more and a little more just due to gravity. Hopefully it will
be a good job.

No issues. Haven't even shot a box with this new scope and rifle has only had about 26 rounds through it.
Just been researching and bedded my one piece rail and made sure the rail was straight. Picture the rings being attached to a rail and then flexing the rail up in the middle or down in the middle. This will put the rings out of alignment with each other. This in turn will put pressure on scope.

There are four places have to be perfect to be torque free. The top of rifle machined perfect. The rail perfect to the rifle. The rail to the rings and then the rings to the scope.

Just thought I would try it. One guy said he bedded his twelve years ago and has never had to mess with it since and he shoots out to 1000.
Have you tried the scope alinement tools too see if everything lines up first. If they don't then lap the rings , with good quality rings and bases there usually isn't a problem , but good luck hope it works out