Wisconsin wolf hunters exceed state's quota by double during abbreviated hunt

The last I read was that the non tribal kill was around 216. Has anyone read anything about the kill number from the tribal permits ?

The last I read was that the non tribal kill was around 216. Has anyone read anything about the kill number from the tribal permits ?
The total number of kill permits for the February hunt was to be 200. At the 11th hour the tribes claimed something like 81 of those 200. I don't know any details but have been told that wolves are basically a spiritual being to the tribes, ie. they had no intention of harvesting any wolves. All the newspaper articles were written from the angle that wolves were "slaughtered" when in reality there were only 18 more taken than the 200 kill permits authorized. I'm going from memory here but the total number of wolves in the State is said to be 1892. Our population goal is supposed to be 350. No matter how you slice it and dice it, the math doesn't add up. Must be that new math taught in the schools. Here is a link to the methods used and numbers of wolves taken during the February hunt in WI.
"Wolf-Season-Report-February-2021.pdf" https://widnr.widen.net/s/k8vtcgjwkf/wolf-season-report-february-2021

I want some pics of harvested one! Also what rifle/caliber! Largest and smallest.
All of the wolves I know of were taken with the use of hounds and shotguns.
IMG_20210223_100323100.jpg

The total number of kill permits for the February hunt was to be 200. At the 11th hour the tribes claimed something like 81 of those 200. I don't know any details but have been told that wolves are basically a spiritual being to the tribes, ie. they had no intention of harvesting any wolves. All the newspaper articles were written from the angle that wolves were "slaughtered" when in reality there were only 18 more taken than the 200 kill permits authorized. I'm going from memory here but the total number of wolves in the State is said to be 1892. Our population goal is supposed to be 350. No matter how you slice it and dice it, the math doesn't add up. Must be that new math taught in the schools. Here is a link to the methods used and numbers of wolves taken during the February hunt in WI.
"Wolf-Season-Report-February-2021.pdf" https://widnr.widen.net/s/k8vtcgjwkf/wolf-season-report-february-2021
Thanks for the information. I was thinking that's the way it ended up. Eighteen over the harvest number. It just depends who is writing the article as to the how they put their twist on it. A truthful followup would be nice vs the slaughter as mentioned. And then theirs the math you mentioned. Totally agree.
Michigan has the same thing going on. I'll believe it when I see it if they have a hunt.
No science in the management.

i know of some bear dog trainers that lost 2 bear dogs to wolves last weekend August 7 -8 th 2021 , wolves ate them. so if someone thinks there were to many wolves were killed last winter in Wisconsin > they are full of it . ever seen a wolf killed dog after the poor dog has been eatin on ? its awful and really ****`s me off that these snowflakes wanna protect wolves.

i know of some bear dog trainers that lost 2 bear dogs to wolves last weekend August 7 -8 th 2021 , wolves ate them. so if someone thinks there were to many wolves were killed last winter in Wisconsin > they are full of it . ever seen a wolf killed dog after the poor dog has been eatin on ? its awful and really ****`s me off that these snowflakes wanna protect wolves.
I won't give any details, but a friend of mine does federal ADC work here in WI. There is no shortage of wolves nor the devastation to livestock that they perpetrate.