Wisconsin introduction

critter92

Hello,

New to this forum, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Chris and live in Wisconsin with my wife and two young sons. Looking forward to learning and sharing on this forum. My favorite rifles are mostly in the predator hunting calibers but I have hunted the west many times and a friend of mine has me taking up the long range shooting mostly for pleasure and eventually for hunting when I am confident and after much practice has taken place.
I have a brand new Winchester 270 wsm in the box which may be my first "build" after changing out some accesories. I better give credit to my wife on that one, she won it on a gun raffle and I told her it would kick like a mule, so she reluctantly handed it over to me...hope she doesn't read this thread or she may take it back.
If anyone wants to weigh in on that caliber for long range shooting, please do so, it may give me insight on that selection for a starter rifle. Been shooting for over 20 years, and hope to take it to a bit higher level.
Thanks,
Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.