• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Wirehaired Pointing Griffon Pup-will trade!

mk443

I have a male slot left from a litter of Wirehaired Pointing Griffons. These are amazing family, upland and waterfowl dogs that hardly shed at all and are non allergenic (no oil on the fur so they don't stink). They won't be of age till middle of July. I'm wide open to trade this pup or sell him outright.

Here's a link:

Attachments

• 8DF4028E-43EF-4426-9951-5263400C5734.jpeg
    8DF4028E-43EF-4426-9951-5263400C5734.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 239
  • C49DB679-115C-4BF7-B88E-5CB10FB7EA2E.jpeg
    C49DB679-115C-4BF7-B88E-5CB10FB7EA2E.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
I have a male slot left from a litter of Wirehaired Pointing Griffons. These are amazing family, upland and waterfowl dogs that hardly shed at all and are non allergenic (no oil on the fur so they don't stink). They won't be of age till middle of July. I'm wide open to trade this pup or sell him outright.

Here's a link:

Nice pups!!! Griffon's are good Bird Dogs. They can do it all if trained properly because it's in their DNA. They can find/point/flush/retrieve. If there were any birds left around my area I would consider getting this pup although I am a English Pointer & Setter man. Like those dogs to run far and wide.

I used to run/train dogs off of horse back in Field Trials throughout the New England. Also bred them.

When I hunted I would take a Pointer, Setter, Brit, and Golden. Nothing like hunting with great bird dogs that pointed, then a flushing dog, then a retriever. I truly miss those days.
Georgia, where we now live, USED to be the "Bird Dog Capital of the World". Due to loss of farm lands, hedge rows and coyotes, the quail population is almost gone here in GA. You, however, can still get a great hunt on private Plantations that design the environment specifically for Quail.

My girl is getting on in age, yet she still thinks she's a pup most of the time.
If your pup was a female I would be banging on your door in short order.
These are fantastic dogs. I just fear the "show" people will ruin them at some point.
The drive to please from this breed just amazes me.
Once you get your first wirehair, they will own you.

That is a fantastic looking bunch of kids! I am more than jealous to say the least.
Jeff

Thanks for all the kind words. This is truly the best do all dog that isn't hyper as hell. I love talking Griff with people as you truly get hooked once you get into them. No shedding, no stinky dog, no hyper crack head behavior, just a relaxed dog with a crazy hunt drive…
I get lots of calls on the dogs, but mainly non hunters that want them since they are popular with the rich yuppies. As it stated in the ad, I refuse to send these dog to city people.
if you want to talk Griff, just shoot me a message or give me a call.

Attachments

• 025EBC74-8FB8-4756-A66E-5D12916182D5.jpeg
    025EBC74-8FB8-4756-A66E-5D12916182D5.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 72
Thanks for all the kind words. This is truly the best do all dog that isn't hyper as hell. I love talking Griff with people as you truly get hooked once you get into them. No shedding, no stinky dog, no hyper crack head behavior, just a relaxed dog with a crazy hunt drive…
I get lots of calls on the dogs, but mainly non hunters that want them since they are popular with the rich yuppies. As it stated in the ad, I refuse to send these dog to city people.
if you want to talk Griff, just shoot me a message or give me a call.
Dang it. My boy in profile picture is almost 11 and has a shoulder injury so I think last season was his final season. He moves slow now and groans a lot when getting up. Still puts on a show when I grab the shotguns out to clean or practice... I don't have the heart to get another pup though while he still gives me that "let's go" look.

Dang it. My boy in profile picture is almost 11 and has a shoulder injury so I think last season was his final season. He moves slow now and groans a lot when getting up. Still puts on a show when I grab the shotguns out to clean or practice... I don't have the heart to get another pup though while he still gives me that "let's go" look.
I've been there! I look at it as take them both so the young dog can learn from the old master. I continued hunting my old one with a pup for a season and a half till he couldn't go.

I've been there! I look at it as take them both so the young dog can learn from the old master. I continued hunting my old one with a pup for a season and a half till he couldn't go.
Yep.....'Old Bull Young Bull' story...
Train'm well....then let the old dog show'm.......

Still got this last male slot!
Talked to Jill about this "Bird Pup". . We have a Bernese Mountain Dog now-Samson 145#s (my service pup) and Jill has been wanting a Great Pyrenees for years so the vote is overridden by her. We live in the country and BIG dogs that are bread for protection of the herd work best here. Great protection for Jill when I am gone. The UPS drivers that come to our property always have "Treats" for Samson (the ones that Samson approves of). The rest of deliveries are left at the beginning of our drive/road. I complained to Amazon about our packages being left several hundred yrds from the house. Drivers from Amazon complained that they can't get out of their vehicles if they drive on the property.

Great pup you got!!!! For now I don't have the birds to hunt, but do have a need for protection. I still would love to get him. Someone will get a great family pup as well as a great hunter.

Len & Jill

Come on guy's, someone give him a home, someone to love who will love him back. He needs some room to roam and some love. He will pay you back one hundred fold.

I can't take him, have asthma and seriously heavy allergies to dogs, cats and other things, At 79 I don't want to go back to the ER.

My wife and I raised and bred Griffs for about 12 years. We were originally based out of Alaska, and then Idaho: Northstar Griffons. Our dogs are all over the country.
Our dam and sire finally succumbed to old age in '16, '17. It's been quiet without a griff these last few years.
I may be interested in your male. PM sent.

Last edited: