WINNIE PRIMERS vs REMMY PRIMERS

KNOTFERSAIL

I'm about out of winnie mag primers and have bunch of rem mag primers i'd like to use.(i've never used rem primers)

?..is, should i expect to see anything differant with the rem mag primers?..POI??..pressure signs??..ect.

Load is 80 gr H-1000 topped with a 160 gr NAB outta rem 700 7stw that groups good.

Back in the day that primers were non existent you had to use what you could get. Most of the time the Remington primers were the easiest to obtain. Many found out that tried them in magnum cases they had a better deviation factor at the cost of about 30 fps in velocity. The 215 primer that most are set on using is stuck in between. The Winchester is hotter and most of the time has higher velocities. Winchester primers would be my only choice with ball powders especially in cold weather. Now that primers are available we can all return to whatever we are biased to

I prefer Winchester over Remington's for the facts that have already been stated. Tula's are starting to be my favorite.:)

At the Kansas City gun show I bought a case of WLRM and the guy I bought them from had a TON of tula's !! Now I'm a Winchester primer guy but the way he was talkin these tula's are a hot item !!??

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.