Windows 10 GRRRRR!

Muddyboots

So my older pc got latest Win 10 update short time ago and I have been fighting one glitch after another CAUSED by the update. Even Microsoft knows it and has "help" to fix it. I was on PC this morning, closed out everything and when I came back to it I noticed no internet connection. I have wireless but no ethernet. WTHello is going on? I went through every conceivable diagnostic available and still could not get ethernet connection back. Yes, rebooted 3X and replaced cable, shut down router for reboot basically all the simple things that can usually fix a simple no connection. I was really at loss and decided to try one last possibility which is a network reset. I don't like using this since it can disconnect your 3rd party security and VPN etc on reboot. Luckily it did not and after 5 minutes of going through the network reset steps, it rebooted back up with internet.

So just in case, you run into this problem, you might want to try the Network Reset as a possible solution to get ethernet connection back.

I know I have to buy an upgrade but trying to keep this one running for a few more months!

I prefer using an ethernet cable vs. Wi-Fi. No password, no ancillary connection. Ever notice that your close neighbors Wi-Fi activity may be seen. I have been running Windows 10 Pro 21H1 for almost 18 months. I pay M-S about $125 per year for upgrades & assistance. I get minor Window 10 upgrades about 1 per month. Nothing like working out problems with young quick smart minds. On occasion my Spectrum/Charter router that provides PC internet connection & Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) needs to be restarted - this is done by disconnecting router power, wait 15 seconds, the reconnect. I don't have a VPN yet.

Simple reboot to reset seems to be no longer the easy button to reboot the system. I lost ethernet internet connection and it was crazy trying to get ethernet back.

Recent Posts