Wind Meters

cdmorten

What are you guys using to give you the stats for your ballistic calculators when you're out hunting? I've been looking for wind meters (Kestrels) with Wind, Temp, Alt, Barom, Humidity and from what I can find, they are all over $250. Are there any less expensive brands I should be looking at?

Thanks.

I wondered about that because you can get a Kestrel 2500 for about $145 on ebay. I wasn't sure how big of a role humidity plays on point of impact. I'm still new to the ballistic calculator thing.

Thanks.

I have a brunton works well.
If anybody knows about "WIND" probably would be Mach V "CASPER WINDY WYOMING"
They use a logging chain hanging on a telephone pole!!!

CAM

I use a Brunton , don't have it at hand a t the moment so don't have the model . Got it from Midway , works good , is accurate in the functions I am able to cross check .

Probably should make a post in the equipment reviews but want to be able to tell the truth I know rather than the truth I want to be . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jim B.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.