Wind holds and second focal plane

KISS is legit. I think once a person gets to a certain point the white noise is no longer an issue and you just get it done. Training is difficult these day unless sponsored. I have a switch barrel set up now and swap to a 223 fast twist and run 88's out to 1000 with it. Such an excellent training cartridge and cheap. I only put 2000 down range this year but it was quality shooing imho. Lots of positional training and working on fundamentals.
Yeah I have a 1-7" Colt barrel I'm thinking of installing on one of my uppers. Or a fast twist 22-250 just for cheap long range work.

I'm not very experienced shooting in wind, but I think it would be pretty easy to just use the inches that strelok tells you, up to maybe about 12" or whatever you're comfortable with. Beyond that, I think you should take some more time to prepare for the shot, either make sure your scope is at 12x or 24x (keep the math simple with either 1/2 value or full value hashes) and use a MOA hold with the hash marks, or take your windage cap off and dial the wind.
its literally that simple!! seriously!!!! .. !!
Nod Yes GIF by Captain Obvious

12x hash marks are double, u don't want to be up on 24x anyways swinging ur gun around trying to find the target, I've shot entire prs matches on 10x with no issues, yeah I have a ffp for matches now but use what u have and have some fun, it all gets a little gear driven. I always hold wind, unless the wind is so extreme I don't have enough reticle then I'll dial say 10moa and hold the remainder on the reticle
Years ago I dialed my wind backwards and missed a coyote lol every method takes practice for proficiency

Dang it why didn't I think of that lol. I'm stealing it and claiming it was my idea!
Happy Toddlers And Tiaras GIF
Cant ur scope 1/8" off plumb from the center of the bore, for right handed shooters only, should eliminate spin drift dialing, or like Brentm said, be one to two clicks left and forget about it too

Zero offset for spin drift is as simple as punching in the right numbers in a ballistic app and turning off anything that can skew the numbers (wind and coriolis). Then determine what offset is acceptable, it will be a bit off either close or far. If you generalize it for all rifles/loads it may throw you off a bit more than needed. Time of flight and RPMs determine drift.

It's my first year shooting past 300 yards and I'm loving it!!
My buddy lent me a Zeiss V4 6-24. I really like the scope! But it's SFP.

Any tips for doing wind holds when I'm not at 24x? Do I just use the inch holds that Strelok says vs the moa hold?

I got excited shooting at a speed goat and forgot the whole second focal plane. I used the right wind hold on my scope but I'd backed off to about 16x. Clean miss and a good learning experience.

Thanks
To make this easy for you I'd keep using "inch" holds for windage since that is what you do. That's for 2nd focal plane and to make it easier I'd think of body lengths in inches, or whatever target in inches. For first focal plane then you could use whatever value (mils or moa) for holdoffs. For my scopes with caps I just take off the caps if I'm dialing or leave them on if I'm using the reticle. In the old days I've even used a duplex reticle in this manner.