Wind Drift formula

This is why it matters:
View attachment 148595

A G7 model is not simply a scaled version of a G1 model. And neither model accurately describes our projectile's trajectories.
Except...we aren't discussing trajectories.

This method was never intended to be accurate beyond supersonic range. You shooting to 1,400 yards isn't relevant to the discussion.

It is meant to very quickly get you to within 0.1mils of actual drift all the way to 1,000 yards. It does this exceedingly well. That is why it is possible for instructors on the line to call wind for radically different calibers and switch easily back and forth between them.

Show me a consequential difference between G1 and G7 models of wind drift within a projectiles supersonic range, and then you will have a point to stand on.

Last edited:
You shooting to 1,400 yards isn't relevant to the discussion.
Maybe you don't think real world experience matters; but to me, actual experience shooting at and beyond 1,000 yards is absolutely relevant in a long range shooting forum discussion. In fact, I'll be hitting the range yet again this week to smack some more steel beyond 1,000 yards. To each their own I guess.

Maybe you don't think real world experience matters; but to me, actual experience shooting at and beyond 1,000 yards is absolutely relevant in a long range shooting forum discussion. In fact, I'll be hitting the range yet again this week to smack some more steel beyond 1,000 yards. To each their own I guess.
...and I'm tapping out.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.